Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

REPORT: Obama's IRS Also Targets Jewish Organizations

Posted by   + Show Post

New evidence has now arisen that the IRS under President Obama, which admitted, then half-denied this week that it was targeting conservative non-profit groups, has been targeting Jewish organizations in a virulent manner. An IRS agent admitted that some Israel-related organizations’ applications have been assigned to “a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization’s activities contradict the Administration’s public policies.”

What does that mean? It means that the Obama administration is going after organizations that support the existence of the state of Israel; one Jewish organization that was not even focused on Israel was required to state “whether [it] supports the existence of the land of Israel,” and also to “[d]escribe [its] religious belief system toward the land of Israel.

Z STREET, a staunch defender of Israel, had filed a lawsuit against the IRS, saying that an IRS agent told them that their attempt to secure tax-exempt status would be looked over more than usual because it was “connected to Israel.”

Lois Lerner, of the IRS, has already admitted that the IRS had improperly targeted groups with “Tea Party” and “patriot” in their names but said it wasn’t politically motivated, because “That is not how we do things.”

The Obama Administration apparently hates Israel enough to harass and intimidate those who support the Jewish state. So much for the contention of liberal Jews that the Obama administration is a friend to the State of Israel. 

The IRS is now asking Jewish organizations if they support the existence of Israel.

(Politico Document -  exhibit from legal declaration under oath, http://www.politico.com/static/PPM170_101124_jmm.html)

Unbelievable.

The IRS is targeting American Jewish groups that support the existence of Israel.
Ben Smith at The Politico reported:

A Pennsylvania Jewish group that has claimed the Internal Revenue Service is targeting pro-Israel groups introduced in federal court today a letter from an IRS agent to another, unnamed organization that tax experts said was likely outside the usual or appropriate scope of an IRS inquiry.

“Does your organization support the existence of the land of Israel?” IRS agent Tracy Dornette wrote the organization, according to this week’s court filing, as part of its consideration of the organizations application for tax exempt status. “Describe your organization’s religious belief sytem toward the land of Israel.”

The document emerged in the course of a lawsuit filed in August by Z Street, a hawkish group that casts itself as the Zionist answer to the liberal J Street. Z Street claims that a different IRS agent reviewing its application for tax exempt status said the agency is “carefully scrutinizing organizations that are in any way connected with Israel” and that “a special unit” is determining whether its activities “contradict the Administration’s public policies.’”

The IRS can deny tax exempt status to groups that work against “established public policy,” a precedent established in its denial of a tax exemption to Bob Jones University over racial discrimination, and Z Street is suggesting that the IRS has begun applying some such policy to pro-Israel groups.

by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this

IRS is under the Treasury

The Treasury is under the Executive Branch

Obama is the head of the Executive Branch

Obama's IRS.

(how are we coming on the competency test to belong to this group?)

Quoting trippyhippy:

Obamas IRS huh? Lol as if he told them who to look into or had any knowledge. For someone you all seem to think is an idiot, he sure is detail oriented. Knowing the thoughts and actions of every single government employee. Lol

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Excellent, Teach! I think we need to have all of our elected leaders attend your Government class, where the textbook is the Constitution. Yeah!

teacher

Quoting Billiejeens:

Obama's IRS.

Quoting trippyhippy:

Obamas IRS huh? Lol as if he told them who to look into or had any knowledge. For someone you all seem to think is an idiot, he sure is detail oriented. Knowing the thoughts and actions of every single government employee. Lol

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Just for some reason, conservative groups - particularly political groups with "tea party" and "patriot" as part of their name, and also Jewish groups that support Israel. Who presumably would disagree with Obama.

What a coincidence! Like the coincidence when Nixon was president, that all the IRS targets were liberal groups or individuals from his enemies' list.

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I would be that if someone wanted to dig, they'd find out that the IRS targets all kinds of organizations.

bow down

denise3680
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Quoting SallyMJ:

Irrelevant - This individual worked for and reported to Obama. Not the only person any administration carried over - most notably the Secretary of the Treasury.Do you really think conservatives would support violating the civil rights of conservative American citizens? In a way that reflects Obama's views? 

So how does that justify his and his department violating the freedom of speech and religion of American citizens? Even Obama knows this is a major violation.

Before you condemn GWB for "failed communication that caused us to get into a war over BS," you also need to condemn ALL Senators and members of Congress from both parties, as well as every intelligence organization in the world. 

Have you done that yet? If not, get going.

Quoting denise3680:

you do realize that the man in charge of the IRS is an appointee from the Bush administration?  They were talking about this very thing on the news.  IF this is the case then whoever ordered this, if this is true, should be held accountable.  I just find it funny that in the cases where an organization, who have a long line of people in charge, somehow always gets blames on Obama, but no one blames bush for the long line of failed communication that caused us to get into a war over BS:/

If you seriously think that the republican party do not nor have not can liberties then you ae truly blind to anything that happens in D.C.  and your true hatred for anything Obama is clouding your judgment:/  Man, you really hate that man, can you even sleep at night?  In what way are your religious freedoms being violated?  In what part of the country are you not allowed to practice your religion?  That is such bs:/  Every American has Freedom of Speech, with that comes freedom t suffer the consequences, still does not mean you can't say what you want, another bs statement:/  I have time and time again, anyone who voted for us to go to Iraq, should be held up for war crimes, period.  It was a bullshit personal vendetta with failed communication and hidden information to support that agenda:/  How about you start trying to look at the whole picture and stop trying to convince people you ae fair and balanced:/  lol

first line is supposed to say Republican but my computer is acting up and erasing my words:/

denise3680
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Quoting SallyMJ:

Excellent, Teach! I think we need to have all of our elected leaders attend your Government class, where the textbook is the Constitution. Yeah!

teacher

Quoting Billiejeens:

Obama's IRS.

Quoting trippyhippy:

yeah you two an extremist and a racist trying to educate others, now that is some funny shit:/  You two need to buy a life:/

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Tell me how her statement is incorrect.

Geez, did you kick the cat or something? Are you always this disagreeable?

I think you will be happier sticking to your own ultra far-left liberal articles. They won't challenge you. 

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting SallyMJ:

teacher

Quoting Billiejeens:

Obama's IRS.

Quoting trippyhippy:

yeah you two an extremist and a racist trying to educate others, now that is some funny shit:/  You two need to buy a life:/

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting SallyMJ:

teacher

Quoting Billiejeens:

Obama's IRS.

Quoting trippyhippy:

I'm a moderate.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually we now have three acts that could very well be Impeachable Offenses.

Fast and Furious, Benghazi Cover up, and the IRS is probably the worst one.

He could even be charged with violating several civil rights of the groups targeted.

Probably won't happen he is a protected class, although he has shown how arrogant and stupid and in over his head he is with this AP scandal.

Stupid, bite the hand that is protecting the truth of your dismal Presidency, stupid, arrogant, stupid.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Too bad none of them are bad enough to impeach his incompetent ass out of office.

Quoting SallyMJ:

You may be right. Looks to me like three scandals in one week. Way too many for me.

But the fact that this administration is trying to put a chill on freedom of speech.

And may even be antisemitic - He's got 4-1/2 years of scandals hitting in one week.

Quoting DSamuels:

I really think this was all brought out to take attention away from Benghazi. Carney was getting hammered by the MSM on Friday about the time this story broke. When has the IRS EVER apologized for ANYTHING?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Huh?

We're talking about the IRS targeting conservative groups, a violation of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and civil and Constitutional rights. And an abuse of power.

I think the last time that was done was by Nixon to those on his Enemies List.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Irrelevant - This individual worked for and reported to Obama. Not the only person any administration carried over - most notably the Secretary of the Treasury.Do you really think conservatives would support violating the civil rights of conservative American citizens? In a way that reflects Obama's views? 

So how does that justify his and his department violating the freedom of speech and religion of American citizens? Even Obama knows this is a major violation.

Before you condemn GWB for "failed communication that caused us to get into a war over BS," you also need to condemn ALL Senators and members of Congress from both parties, as well as every intelligence organization in the world. 

Have you done that yet? If not, get going.

Quoting denise3680:

you do realize that the man in charge of the IRS is an appointee from the Bush administration?  They were talking about this very thing on the news.  IF this is the case then whoever ordered this, if this is true, should be held accountable.  I just find it funny that in the cases where an organization, who have a long line of people in charge, somehow always gets blames on Obama, but no one blames bush for the long line of failed communication that caused us to get into a war over BS:/

If you seriously think that the republican party do not nor have not can liberties then you ae truly blind to anything that happens in D.C.  and your true hatred for anything Obama is clouding your judgment:/  Man, you really hate that man, can you even sleep at night?  In what way are your religious freedoms being violated?  In what part of the country are you not allowed to practice your religion?  That is such bs:/  Every American has Freedom of Speech, with that comes freedom t suffer the consequences, still does not mean you can't say what you want, another bs statement:/  I have time and time again, anyone who voted for us to go to Iraq, should be held up for war crimes, period.  It was a bullshit personal vendetta with failed communication and hidden information to support that agenda:/  How about you start trying to look at the whole picture and stop trying to convince people you ae fair and balanced:/  lol

first line is supposed to say Republican but my computer is acting up and erasing my words:/

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

What the H are you talking about?

You being the racist, extremist ultra left-winger and all?

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting SallyMJ:

teacher

Quoting Billiejeens:

Obama's IRS.

Quoting trippyhippy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)