Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Seven people caught trespassing at Quabbin Reservoir

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

BELCHERTOWN (CBS) ‚Äď Shortly after midnight Tuesday, seven people were caught trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir.

State Police say the five men and two women are from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, and ‚Äúcited their education and career interests‚ÄĚ for being in the area. The men told police they were chemical engineers and recent college graduates.

Update: MWRA: Quabbin Reservoir Water Safe

The Quabbin, in Belchertown, is one of the country‚Äôs largest man-made public water supplies. Boston‚Äôs drinking water comes from the Quabbin and the Wachusett Reservoirs.

State Police say there were no warrants or advisories on any of the individuals and ‚Äúthere was no evidence that the seven were committing any crime beyond the trespassing.‚ÄĚ

All seven were allowed to leave and will be summonsed to court for trespassing. The FBI is investigating and routine checks of public water supplies have been increased following the incident.

The seven individuals currently live in Amherst, Cambridge, Sunderland, Northampton and New York City. Police have not released their names because a court date has not been set.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/14/7-cited-for-trespassing-at-quabbin-reservoir-patrols-stepped-up-across-state/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh..I want to know wthat they were doing.Something tell's me they weren't going for a dip it was like 35 degress at midnight! 

by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Very odd, very suspicious. Regardless their education - you don't go at midnight. I am with you - I want to know why they were there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Can't wait to here their names.
Scary stuff!

UGH *hear effing cell phone

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Quoting tnmomofive:

State Police say the five men and two women are from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, and ‚Äúcited their education and career interests‚ÄĚ for being in the area. The men told police they were chemical engineers and recent college graduates.

They're fools.

They should have gotten drunk first, and worn fraternity gear.  Oh, and been white.

Carrying a pink canoe covered in silly string and song lyrics would also have worked.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:35 AM
2 moms liked this

I just posted this in the other group.  Unsettling, to say the least.  But not surprising.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Not surprising at all, we know the Marathon Bombers did not work alone.

Quoting Carpy:

I just posted this in the other group.  Unsettling, to say the least.  But not surprising.

erika9009
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Chem engineers make them even more suspicious to me. 

Us girl nerds (I was an engineer. So, I can say that) don't go out by a lake in the middle of the night unless we are drunk and having sex.

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Very odd, very suspicious. Regardless their education - you don't go at midnight. I am with you - I want to know why they were there.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Very shady

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM
They are terrorists, do you all really not see that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN