Which I always find laughable considering the terrible state our economy was in following 8 years of disastrous Bush policiesâsomeone they elected twice.
Now I know many people have short, and often foggy memories, as it relates to politics. Hell, even I have to go back and read dates and information to remember exactly what happened and when certain events occurred. But the extent at which Republicans have attacked President Obama (often blaming him for events that happened before he even took office) has been at best delusional, bordering on insanity.
Then I decided to ask myself, âWhat if many of these events over the last 4 years happened while a Republican was in the White House?
So, take a moment and imagine if a Republican President inherited the worst recession since the Great Depression, and 2 wars, then:
- Ended the recession less than six months after taking office
- Cut job losses by more than 50% less than 4 months after being elected
- Ordered the successful killing of Osama bin Ladin
- Ended the war in Iraq
- Saved the American auto industry
- Presided over record growth in corporate profits
- Increased domestic oil production to levels not seen since the late-90â˛s
- The stock market increased by about 120% from itâs 2009 lows
- The Dow Jones industrial average shatters previous record highs
- Ended record job losses less than a year after taking office
- Unemployment dropped from 10% to 7.6%
- Created over 6.5 million jobs for 38 consecutive months of job growth
- Helped aid in the liberation of Libya and the death of dictator Muammar Gaddafi
- Championed the largest deficit reductions since World War II
- Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than the combined totals of their predecessor
- Was given Israelâs highest civilian award, the Medal of Distinctionâthe first sitting President to receive the award
Just imagine if all of that happened while a Republican was President. They would be a hero, a legend, one of the greatest Presidents ever to grace the oval office and spoke about in Republican folklore for decades to come.
Instead, it was a half black Democrat, therefore heâs a socialist, not a âtrue Americanâ and the âworst President in history.â Funny how that works, right?
And letâs not forget, that list doesnât even include giving homosexuals the right to finally serve in the military, allowing women to serve in combat, passing the Affordable Care Act, the expansion of the Pell Grant program to help Americans receive a college education, credit care reform, being the first President to endorse same-sex marriage or the push for equal pay for women in the work placeâevents conservatives donât support.
But the truth of the matter is, if a Republican was President these last 4 yearsânone of that would have happened in the first place.