Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Plane Makes 7 Flights With Dead Man in Wheel Well Before Anyone Notices

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

Plane Makes 7 Flights With Dead Man in Wheel Well Before Anyone Notices

by Julie Ryan Evans

airplaneIf you already get nervous flying, you may want to stop reading here, because this story will give you anything but more faith in air travel. It came to light when maintenance workers saw blood coming from the plane (I warned you!).

Maintenance workers noticed the blood on an iFly jet when it landed in Moscow on a return trip from Rimini, Italy. Realizing that blood should NOT be coming from an airplane, they investigated further and found the unthinkable -- a man's corpse.

According to RT.com, the man was identified as Giorgio Abduladze, a 22-year-old Georgia national. A preliminary autopsy showed that he likely died from cold temperatures (he was only wearing a t-shirt and shorts), and that his body was likely on the plane for four days. FOUR DAYS. Authorities say that means he likely made at least SEVEN flights before being discovered, though given altitudes and low temperatures it would be unlikely he survived even one.

Beyond my thoughts of horror for this man, I'm just stunned that it took them this long to discover the body. It presents so many questions, namely -- how the hell did he get in there, and how easy is it for others to do so? Also shouldn't plane inspections be a little more thorough? I would think they'd at least take a peek at something as important as the wheels on which the aircraft lands.

To miss something like this once might be an unfortunate oversight; twice would be scary; but seven flights with a dead man in the wheel well? Well, that's just a good reason to take a bus.

Does this make you more nervous to fly?

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM

That is called an unwell wheel.

Perhaps if this man had had 7 bags of honey roasted peanuts and 7 beverages, and peed into the air, it would have worked better. That is facetious of course.

That is sad. I think a lot of people do not realize how cold it is, how thin the air, and especially the incorrect pressure (I think it is too high). Tragic. I seriously doubt whether survived the first leg.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM

They don't inspect every part of the plane before it takes off each time?  That's not exactly comforting.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM

No it wouldnt bother me.I wonder how and why he was in there though. I also doubt that  survived even flight. This is really sad.

survivorinohio
by Rene on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

No it wouldnt bother me.I wonder how and why he was in there though. I also doubt that  survived even flight. This is really sad.

It is :(

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Four days? Really? Wow.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Why the heck don't they inspect every part of the plane before take off??
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

When i read the title I thought it said, Plane makes 7 flights with dead man at the wheel before anyone notices... I was thinking, I know plans are pretty much automatic, but ?????  ha ha..

Mom brain.. must leave CM now...

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM

All I got is.....WOW!

And I'm not flying in or to Russia....EVER.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN