Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Govt targets cafe Mom-ers!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 64 Replies

OK with you if govt had all our CM posts and replies and likes?  Do you think they already do?

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't know if they do but it really pisses me off that our Constitutionally given right to privacy is lost and most likely gone for good.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Quoting nanaofsix531:

I don't know if they do but it really pisses me off that our Constitutionally given right to privacy is lost and most likely gone for good.

Some say it for our own securty...

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe but I now feel like the terrorist won.They got just what they wanted a scared American society.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Lorik1969
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM
4 moms liked this
Some of the target words are so ridiculous that they probably have files on most of the country. I remember when Americans were appalled by the Russian KGB (oops, I said Russian, there goes another post in my file!). Now we have our own version and nobody seems to care. I've said it before and I'll say it again, VOTE THEM ALL OUT, until we get a government that remembers who it works for!
survivorinohio
by Rene on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I think they do monitor CM.  I am sure I have made a list along the way.

Lorik1969
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM
9 moms liked this
Anyone who thinks it's for our security is a brainless sheep. I found an article that said the Patriot Act has been invoked over1600 times for drug offenses and only 15 times for terrorist activity, as of Sept 2011. If it's supposed to help us catch terrorists, then that's all they should be able to do with it. All of this "security" is nothing more than the government circumventing the laws of this country. Hello police state....

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting survivorinohio:

I think they do monitor CM.  I am sure I have made a list along the way.

Me too.  =)

jadedcynic
by Nerdilicious on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't break the law and I know that whatever I post online is public and forever.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:52 PM
9 moms liked this

Quoting jadedcynic:

I don't break the law and I know that whatever I post online is public and forever.

It's not about breaking the law, besides... laws can change.  You may have NOT been breaking the law at the time you posted about something at CM, but then they can track that you have a "past history" of this particular doings.

What if America suddenly decided that Atheists (for example) have wild anti good for the government notions?  They would then want to monitor that group of people and would collect data on them.  (this could be said for any group under the sun.  Any group could be considered terrorist and dangerous. Can you say gathering up Japanese Americans and holding them in camps?)  The historical facts show it's possible.

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Where does the Constitution give the right to privacy?

No, I don't agree with it, but I don't quite follow your reasoning.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN