Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

GOP Rep Joe Heck apologizes for son: Obama, “spear chucking’” says, ‘faggot’ and ‘n*gga’ on Twitter

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

GOP Rep Joe Heck apologizes for son: Obama, “spear chucking’” says, ‘faggot’ and ‘n*gga’ on Twitter

June 13, 2013
By 

Just yesterday Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) apologized after BuzzFeed caught and posted his son’s homophobic and racist tweets. And now Nevada Rep. Joe Heck’s teenage son has done the exact same thing, joining the ranks of homophobes, racists and sexist assholes.

Rep. Heck

Rep. Heck

Heck apologized for his son’s tweets in a statement to BuzzFeed.

Heck said,“I am extremely disappointed in my son’s use of the offensive and inappropriate language on twitter: that type of language has never been permitted in our home. I apologize to everyone he may have offended. My son also apologizes for his insensitive behavior. My wife and I have addressed this family matter directly with him and he has learned from it.”

I’ll add a few of his tweets, but John Stanton at Buzzfeed has more.

A review of tweets by Joey Heck, 16, dating to August of last year shows numerous examples in which Heck used words like “faggot” and “nigga.” For instance, on Sept. 11 Heck tweeted “Fanny pack = fag bag,” and on August 23 he retweeted a tweet that read, “There are gays everywhere. Maybe that’s gods way of thinning out the population because faggots can’t have babies.”

Heck’s twitter feed also included numerous racial slurs. During a Sept. 16 Jets football game, the younger Heck tweeted “[Mark] Sanchez can hop the border faster than he can throw the ball.”

He also wrote that Mitt Romney “raped” Obama and made him his “slave” during a debate.

In an exchange with a friend during the debate on October 3rd, Heck asked rhetorically, “I would like somebody to tell me one good thing Obama did in these past 4 years…. I got nothing.” Later in the conversation he said “yeah like spear chucking and rock skipping. The sports they do in his home country…”

Heck’s political comments are particularly jarring, since his twitter feed clearly shows his active engagement not only in national politics, but his father’s reelection race last year. He repeatedly argues his father’s job as a congressman gives him an inside understanding of politics: For instance, during the Oct. 16 debate he tweeted “Obama didn’t make the call to kill Osama… That was the intelligence committee #iwouldknow.”

Additionally, at one point he bragged that his mother got him a well paying job with “some company for like voting stuff.”

(my bold)

It’s not too surprising since Rep. Joe Heck is ‘anti-woman.’  Heck voted to weaken the Violence Against Women Act.  Months later, Heck tried to criminalize abortion for rape victims.  Heck voted against Paycheck fairness. I wonder where his son learned to disrespect others so easily.

More at Buzzfeed. 

- See more at: http://freakoutnation.com/2013/06/13/gop-rep-joe-heck-apologizes-for-son-obama-spear-chucking-says-faggot-and-ngga-on-twitter/#sthash.uCxeywth.dpuf

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanuaryBaby06
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Well doesn't he just sund like a class-act.
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I wonder where he learned that from???????????????`

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Cant

Bring

Myself

to

care.

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
He's son will make a wonderful Republican politician.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Maybe, his father has turned out to be a disappointment.  (His, btw)

Quoting -Celestial-:

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM

SMH, you would think that knowing his fathers position, he would be more careful about what he put out there. Maybe he just wants people to think that he is a bad ass, but instead showed what  a dumb ass he is.

UpSheRises
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Teens...worst people on earth.

Rep. Heck...love the skunk flat top hair do. Very hip!
UpSheRises
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
You love copy editing so much you do it for free?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Maybe, his father has turned out to be a disappointment.  (His, btw)

Quoting -Celestial-:

ashellbell
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
As much as we love to blame parents for their children's asshattery, I don't think it's fair. It's interesting, I watched this movie called 'Somewhere beyond the Pines' and one of the main characters had a son who acted out in a manner somewhat like this. Kids say and do stupid shit, sometimes just to get the attention of the parent who has a demanding job. Perhaps this kid did learn this at home, or perhaps this kid learned it from outside sources and is applying it to life to seek attention. Maybe he feels like he's an entitled little shit who can get away with this nonsense.
JanuaryBaby06
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Quoting nanaofsix531:

I wonder where he learned that from???????????????`

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

I don't believe racism in taught, I believe it is something everyone is born with, that being said, IMO it is something that can be nurtured instead of corrected (as it should be).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)