Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Political Showdown!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 53 Replies

OK Billie has agreed to have a political showdown with me.  

The stakes are easy.  If I win then she leaves the group for good.  If she wins I leave the group for good.

So the question here is:

1.  We need a way to determine who wins.  That means we need a set of non bias questions.  The answers to these questions have to be proven fact.  

2.  We need at least 3 people to judge and determine the winner.

3.  Possibly a mediator to ask the questions and keep the showdown on track.

What are your thoughts on this?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh, please! This is stupid.

Dear Lord, this reminds me of the turmoil in the Middle East.

Can't we agree to disagree?? We are adults, aren't we? Not kids having a fist fight?

Why can't you both stay? You both offer a lot to the conversation - from different perspectives. Both are valuable.

blues_pagan
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Because I am honestly tired of the constant attacks, bigotry and support of terrorism and murder simply because she doesn't agree with people.  And she threw the gauntlet by saying she forgets more about politics than I will ever know.  I simply set the stage and placed the bet.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Can't we agree to disagree?? We are adults, aren't we? Not kids having a fist fight?

Why can't you both stay? You both offer a lot to the conversation - from different perspectives. Both are valuable.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this

This makes it seem like you want to quash opinions that you do not like - the opposite of freedom of speech.

Respectfully, if you don't like the fiery discussion in a discussion forum - why don't you just go to one or more of the others that don't discuss politics?

Then those of us who don't mind the disagreement fireworks - which you will have when you have people of different perspectives - can just carry on, realizing there will always be fireworks?

Respectfully, I think this is childish, and that it will make this forum far less interesting. Why does there need to be - to take it from James Cameron - a King of the World?

Quoting blues_pagan:

Because I am honestly tired of the constant attacks, bigotry and support of terrorism and murder simply because she doesn't agree with people.  And she threw the gauntlet by saying she forgets more about politics than I will ever know.  I simply set the stage and placed the bet.

Quoting SallyMJ:

blues_pagan
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh please, this group doesn't have discussions.  This group is more like a bitch group in the guise of a politics debate forum ran by CM.

Quoting SallyMJ:

This makes it seem like you want to quash opinions that you do not like - the opposite of freedom of speech.

Respectfully, if you don't like the fiery discussion in a discussion forum - why don't you just go to one or more of the others that don't discuss politics?

Then those of us who don't mind the disagreement fireworks - which you will have when you have people of different perspectives - can just carry on, realizing there will always be fireworks?

Respectfully, I think this is childish, and that it will make this forum far less interesting. Why does there need to be - to take it from James Cameron - a King of the World?

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting SallyMJ:

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I think that you are both valuable members with much to offer the group, so I don't want either of you to leave.
Quoting SallyMJ:

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, this group does get bitchy sometimes, and that is what myself and some others want to see change. But this isn't the way to do it, imo. Again, I don't want to see either of you leave, for whatever reason.
Quoting blues_pagan:

Oh please, this group doesn't have discussions.  This group is more like a bitch group in the guise of a politics debate forum ran by CM.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting SallyMJ:

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I vote you both stay as others said as a political group that is one sided is pretty boring and useless really.

This seem a little childish or even husband like....................don't go there ladies.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I will agree it has it's moments of "you bitch"

However, I also see many good discusions on many subjects.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Speak for yourself.

I disagree. Respectfully.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting SallyMJ:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM

"Husband like?" That is so funny!

Quoting erika9009:

I vote you both stay as others said as a political group that is one sided is pretty boring and useless really.

This seem a little childish or even husband like....................don't go there ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN