Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Witness Makes Key Admission That He Never Saw Trayvon Martin Throw A Punch At Zimmerman

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 34 Replies

Witness Makes Key Admission That He Never Saw Trayvon Martin Throw A Punch At Zimmerman

On day five of George Zimmerman’s trial for the death of Trayvon Martin, a key witness who previously claimed to have seen Martin “throwing down blows” admitted he never saw an actual punch thrown. This admission from John Good could undermine Zimmerman’s claim he shot 17-year-old Martin in reasonable self-defense.

According to the original police report, Good claimed he had seen a black male pinning Zimmerman down “just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA [mixed-martial arts] style.” But on Friday, Good told jurors he “could not see” any punches thrown, only that there was “downward movement.” He also admitted he was not 100 percent sure who yelled “help,” but assumed it was Zimmerman. It is not the first time Good has changed his account of the night Martin died. Three weeks after the incident, Good told a special prosecutor he couldn’t truly tell who yelled for help “because it was so dark out on that sidewalk.”

The reliability of witness testimony has been a major focus for both the defense and state prosecution in the trial. Zimmerman’s defense attorneys have tried to highlight inconsistencies of another witness, 19-year-old Rachel Jeantel, who was on the phone with Martin moments before the shooting. Asked repeatedly by Zimmerman’s attorney Don West why she lied about her reason for not attending Martin’s wake, Jeantel admitted she did not want to see his body. “You. Got. To. Un. Der. Stand,” Jeantel said. “I’m the last person—you don’t know how I felt. You think I really want to go see the body after I just talked to him?”

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

This case is getting blown out of the water.

JanetMonroe1991
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

What about the witness that saw TM slamming GZ head into the ground repeatly? 

Naturewoman4
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I disagree with that interpretation of what some may feel about John's testimony. In John's 1st statement that night, he said that's what he saw. Usually, in one's 1st statement imo, you're the most clearer. Also, all a juror has to do is to take one look at those photos and common sense tells you TM did punch him while on the grass and cement. How else did GZ sustain those injuries? 1st wk. CLEAR WIN for the Defense! :) John's testimony imo really helped the Defense A LOT! Just like I've been saying on CM from the start of this case last yr.
Naturewoman4
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Yeah! So true, just like I always thought it would :) TM supporters seem to think the fact that just because John couldn't say 100% that TM was throwing those punches, doesn't mean he didn't as obvious by GZ injuries. Any logical juror with common sense would know that. GZ was calling out for help, and no one came, then he shot TM because he was in fear for his life. Rightfully so! John's testimony today really supported GZ and his claims, which I knew they would.
Quoting grandmab125:

This case is getting blown out of the water.

blues_pagan
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Witness credibility isn't just based on their first testimony.  This is mainly because the brain, especially faced with stressors such as an emergency, tends to lie to us.  The brain is designed to process just enough information to ensure that the rest of you reacts.  This is when certain details become fuzzy to us.  When faced with a stressful moment (I am sure he was by no means calm while this was taking place) most people can't recall fine details but remember the overall situation.

And FTR:  I would defend myself if I were being followed by a strange man following me in the middle of the night for no reason at all and not making his intentions known before he tried to touch me.  That means that if he came close enough to grab me I would beat the ever loving piss out of him.  Very few questions asked.  And if the cops became involved I would tell them why I felt the need to defend myself.  

Zimmerman has sunk himself because he called 911 who told him to stay away and let the cops handle it.  He didn't listen and a boy ended up dead.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I disagree with that interpretation of what some may feel about John's testimony. In John's 1st statement that night, he said that's what he saw. Usually, in one's 1st statement imo, you're the most clearer. Also, all a juror has to do is to take one look at those photos and common sense tells you TM did punch him while on the grass and cement. How else did GZ sustain those injuries? 1st wk. CLEAR WIN for the Defense! :) John's testimony imo really helped the Defense A LOT! Just like I've been saying on CM from the start of this case last yr.

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I have to wonder how much media time is being used up by this step-by-step following of a murder trial.

Aren't there better uses of people's time and attention?

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this

That is one hell of a stretch.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, there is.  Selling fireworks.

Quoting Clairwil:

I have to wonder how much media time is being used up by this step-by-step following of a murder trial.

Minnow Slayer

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Quoting Carpy:
Quoting Clairwil:

I'm guessing you're going to be celebrating the 4th itself by sleeping for 24 hours.

Good on you for working so hard, and you deserve the money you're making from it.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, it will probably be the 6th.  I will work from 7am, until probably 10 pm, today.  Generally no time to think of being tired, until it's over.  And thanks.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Carpy:
Quoting Clairwil:

I'm guessing you're going to be celebrating the 4th itself by sleeping for 24 hours.

Good on you for working so hard, and you deserve the money you're making from it.

Minnow Slayer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN