Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The black market is a ‘far more efficient system’ for health care

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 11 Replies
Fox News host Tucker Carlson

Fox News host Tucker Carlson asserted on Tuesday that a black market system where Americans pay cash for health care services would be “far more efficient” than insurance.

On Wednesday, the Treasury Department announced that it was delaying a mandate that businesses with more than 50 employees provide health insurance until after the 2014 midterm elections because of the “complexity of the requirements” in the Affordable Care Act.

Carlson reacted to the decision by insisting that the individual mandate in Obamacare should also be delayed.

“For people who just want to be covered against catastrophic illness and don’t want to pay for other people’s hair transplants or sex changes, they’re out of luck,” he said while guest hosting Sean Hannity’s Fox News show. “I keep hearing Democrats saying, the implementation of Obamacare at the end of the year is going to be a disaster — I can’t even use the profanities — a disaster.”

“This is the easiest way to bring back a cash economy into health care,” the National Review‘s John Fund agreed. “Because a lot of people will drop insurance, a lot of people will be thrown off insurance by their employers. I think you’re going to see a black market develop, where people will go to the doc and say, ‘Look, right up front, I’m only paying cash so let’s negotiate.’”

“Which would be a far more efficient system, by the way,” Carlson declared.

“This actually might create a black market,” Fund pointed out. “Unfortunately, that’s not the way we should solve the problem.”

“I think, in the end, this law will collapse under the weight of its on ludicrousness,” Carlson opined. “What the Republican Congress has been unable to do — repeal it — maybe won’t be necessary.”

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Donna6503
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
A cash only, service industry, that is legal is considered, "Black Market."

What am I missing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paknari
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Wow. Please inform me which insurance covers hair transplants and sex changes. Also, can he talk about healthcare without trying to mention gays? Maybe have a quotes written with facts on it before he goes on air.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM
You can track cash. That's why cash only business is best.

Quoting Donna6503:

What am I missing?
Donna6503
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Do you mean "can't"?

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Donna6503:

What am I missing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Uh, uh.  They are delaying the implementation of that part because they know it will hurt them in the 2014 elections.  Like many parts or edicts of Obamacare, some people and companies get exceptions.

On Wednesday, the Treasury Department announced that it was delaying a mandate that businesses with more than 50 employees provide health insurance until after the 2014 midterm elections because of the “complexity of the requirements” in the Affordable Care Act.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes

**snort**

Stupid phone. I hate typing on this thing.

Quoting Donna6503:

Do you mean "can't"?

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Donna6503:

What am I missing?

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would LOVE to be able to only have catastrophic health insurance, and pay cash for any general care doctor's visits.  I just don't go to the doctor often enough to justify what I pay in insurance costs.

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM

All the coverage most CA public employee unions get. 

Quoting paknari:

Wow. Please inform me which insurance covers hair transplants and sex changes.
Also, can he talk about healthcare without trying to mention gays? Maybe have a botes written with facts OB it before he goes on air.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:34 AM

In the state of MA you can be on all kinds of public assistance, and the state run health insurance will pay for invitro.

Quoting paknari:

Wow. Please inform me which insurance covers hair transplants and sex changes. Also, can he talk about healthcare without trying to mention gays? Maybe have a botes written with facts OB it before he goes on air.

paknari
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Hmmm not here in AZ. I worked for united healthcare years ago and they didn't approve anything cosmetic. It was a struggle to get plastic surgery if you had severe burns or medical issues. My mom has state insurance and it covers nothing like that.

Quoting erika9009:

All the coverage most CA public employee unions get. 

Quoting paknari:

Wow. Please inform me which insurance covers hair transplants and sex changes.
Also, can he talk about healthcare without trying to mention gays? Maybe have a botes written with facts OB it before he goes on air.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN