Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Gallup: Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 48 Replies

BY CHARLIE SPIERING | JULY 4, 2013 AT 8:50 AM Photo -   In recognition of Independence Day, Gallup has released a poll on whether American citizens are still proud to be American.

Ninety-three percent of Republicans indicate that they are “extremely/very proud” to be American while only 85 percent of Democrats feel the same way.

Eighty-one percent of political Independents indicate they are “extremely/very proud.”

Likewise, 89 percent of poll respondents who identified themselves as conservative are “extremely/very proud,” to be American compared to 76 percent of liberals.

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Even when a Democrat is President - 93% of Republicans more proud to be an American.

blues_pagan
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly right now there isn't much about our country to be proud of.  "America the brave still fears what it doesn't know".

joyfree
by Kat on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Therein lies the difference...

Quoting blues_pagan:

Honestly right now there isn't much about our country to be proud of.  "America the brave still fears what it doesn't know".

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
3 moms liked this

No. I am not proud to be an American. I cant take pride in something I had no control of. The womb I came out of just happened to be on this soil.

Pride is a deadly sin.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Not very surprising.
blues_pagan
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:48 PM

The difference in what?  That liberals don't see the US through rose tinted glasses?  Sorry but this country has a lot to learn and has some definite steps to take to make it a better place.

Quoting joyfree:

Quoting blues_pagan:

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Im very proud to be an American.I grew up respecting my country and still do.No place I would rather be.

patriotic

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Me too.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Im very proud to be an American.I grew up respecting my country and still do.No place I would rather be.

patriotic

joyfree
by Kat on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Actually, I was agreeing with you that many liberals(myself included) would be prouder if we did some things differently. Because we have to factor in the things we don't like, it reduces the score... Sorry that I was not more clear.

Quoting blues_pagan:

The difference in what?  That liberals don't see the US through rose tinted glasses?  Sorry but this country has a lot to learn and has some definite steps to take to make it a better place.

Quoting joyfree:

Quoting blues_pagan:

codfish
by Jen on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM
5 moms liked this
Why does this surprise anyone? I am an independent and yes I am proud to be an American. As a woman I can be anything I choose. I can practice my religion freely or oractice no religion. I can say what I want about our politicians and vote them out when they prove useless. I can work my butt off, start a business, and reap what I sow. My g-fathers both fought for me to have the rights that so many take for granted. No, America is not perfect. Feel free to show me a country that is. That is the beauty of America. You can bitch, moan, groan, complain, and bad mouth those who have and still do fight for your right to speak as you will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN