Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama Agency's Warrantless Collection of Americans' Credit Cards

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Forward: Obama Agency's Warrantless Collection of Americans' Credit Cards

Forward: Obama Agency’s Warrantless Collection of Americans’ Credit Cards
Kyle Becker
  • On July 9, 2013
  • https://twitter.com/kylenbecker

The Consumer Financial “Protection” Bureau (CFPB) is gathering millions of Americans’ credit card numbers without a warrant, according to the results of a FOIA request by Judicial Watch.

Breitbart.com provides a list of government contractors, which ostensibly carry out the warrantless domestic credit card data-gathering. As cited from Tom Fitton:

• Overlapping contracts with multiple credit reporting agencies and accounting firms to gather, store, and share credit card data as shown in the task list of a contract with Argus Information & Advisory Services LLC worth $2.9 million
    • Deloitte Consulting: solicitation issue date 11/30/2011, award effective date 05/29/2012;
    • Argus: solicitation issue date 02/14/2012, award effective date 03/15/2012;
    • Experian: solicitation issue date 07/03/2012, award effective date 09/24/2012

The most concerning part for those who take their privacy seriously is the following:

Surely, this is what Americans signed up for when voting for President Obama — a government that is seeking to find out every aspect of their lives, including credit card and bank data. Here is section 5.0, whereby the government directs the Banks to turn over data on demand:

• 5.1.5 Collect, transmit and receive credit card bank data files from the Banks. [...]
  • 5.1.8 Work with the Banks to achieve data submission compliance based on any additions, modifications and clarifications to the data elements, schedules or definitions, when requested by the COR. [...]
  • 5.1.13 Work with the Banks to develop the strategy and plan of action for collecting required data elements that are not readily available from the Banks’ systems…

Of course, Obama’s acolytes will find a way to twist this into how the administration gathering credit card numbers on Americans without their knowledge and consent is just a fantastic thing. Maybe they can enforce the ObamaCare mandate and bill my skyrocketing insurance premiums on my Visa card?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NC_Mom_06
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM
3 moms liked this

This is insane. He is turning us into a communist nation. So sickening. Next he will be telling us when to eat , sleep and take a dump.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this

It's another way to steal our money for obummercare--and everything else.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Scary...just plain scary.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM

BUMP

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Crazy

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this

All of the information they are watching and collecting is scary and I can't see how some people don't see that. 

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM

yeah the credit card thing scares me more then the phone records.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting 4kidz916:

All of the information they are watching and collecting is scary and I can't see how some people don't see that. 

They don't care, they are so personally invested in BHO that they simply do not care.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

yeah the credit card thing scares me more then the phone records.

Why?

Obama clearly simply wants to make sure that you are spending money in a proper manner, we trust him completely, yes?

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM

https://www.facebook.com/CFPB

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/

This has information about what the organization does

Keep firing in the dark Republicans, you are bound to hit something..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)