Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Converted

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM
  • 2 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi, I have not posted here much lately, but I have something to share.  I have just recently converted to a more pro-life stance than I had previously. The following, which is a reply I made to another post in another group, pretty much sums it up:

There are many philosophical, legal, moral, econonomic, and scientific reasons to be pro-life.  Claiming that reason exists only on the side of abortion rights is unbalanced. 

Answer me this: how does civilization work, and why does it need government? 

We have two major sides in American government, the right wing side for individual freedom competes against the left-wing side for social justice.  Abortion is an issue where the script flips.  Women claim the right to kill the human being inside them, while other human beings are point out the injustice of killing innocent human beings. 

Scientifically, we know that human life begins before the elastic time of "viability," we know it begins at conception. We know that the heart can be seen beating at 7 weeks gestation, we know that the unborn can feel pain. We also know that any one of us born human beings could be found in an unconscious, helpless state and that this would not give anyone the right to kill us.  Why, then, would it be okay to kill an unborn human life, even if it too young to be sentient?   

Civilization works when it minimizes the exploitation of the weak and vulnerable.  Government is tasked with being the authority for justice so that civilized society can prevail.  Anyone care to remember the Civil Rights Movement? It's all about protecting the vulnerable and minimizing the power of the powerful.   

This is where we, as women, come in.  We don't have the absolute right to kill another human being in our bodies, at least, not if we want the support and protections of a civilized society. It is in this unique position, as pregnant women, that we are the stronger one, where we are charged to care for the vulnerable life growing inside us, dependent upon us.  This is just as countless times before this, over the millennia, others in the stronger position chose to stand for the weak and vulnerable. 

It's time to recognize our power, to stand as the voices of those who have no voice, those who are being exterminated by the thousands every single day, simply because they are days or weeks away from being heard. 

Thanks for reading!

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NC_Mom_06
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Well written :>)

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting NC_Mom_06:

Well written :>)

Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)