Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trayvon: Iced Tea and Skittles not such an innocent teenage purchase

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM
  • 111 Replies
2 moms liked this

Lean, a hip hop culture, street thug concoction made from Watermelon drink, Skittles and codeine

"One of the recipes for “lean” calls for using Arizona Iced Tea Co. watermelon fruit juice cocktail as the beverage of choice, and Skittles candy… the items found on Trayvon Martin’s body the night he was shot by George Zimmerman."

6:22 

Trayvon, with his hoodie up, grabs two items from the shelves of 7-11.  One is the Skittles.  The other is Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail.  The media avoid the name of the real drink -- possibly because of the racial implications of the word "watermelon," but possibly to avoid probing the real reason for Trayon's trip.

Trayvon, in fact, had become a devotee of the druggy concoction known as "Lean," also known in southern hip-hop culture as "Sizzurp" and "Purple Drank."  Lean consists of three basic ingredients -- codeine, a soft drink, and candy.  If his Facebook postings are to be believed, Trayvon had been using Lean since at least June 2011.  

On June 27, 2011, Trayvon asks a friend online, "unow a connect for codien?"  He tells the friend that "robitussin nd soda" could make "some fire ass lean."  He says, "I had it before" and that he wants "to make some more."  On the night of February 26, Trayvon had just bought the mixings for one "fire ass lean" cocktail.

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
7 moms liked this
I stopped at thug.... the poor kid is not here to defend his self
LAHnTAH0812
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Id believe it.
brittney28
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:15 PM
8 moms liked this
Oh ok, so he was into making druggie drinks... By all means he deserved to be murdered!!! Give me a break!
Donna6503
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Judge Zimmerman,

"Let's see a watermelon fruit drink, Fruit-favored candy, and maybe something else too, ok kid you need to come in quietly ... if you don't ... well, you have just one chance ... well by the power invested in me by me and for me, you have been found guilty and your punishment is death."

Sorry, I don't buy it ... getting legally brought items from the store legally is a crime nor should it be punishable by death.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
9 moms liked this
Quoting Donna6503:

Judge Zimmerman,

"Let's see a watermelon fruit drink, Fruit-favored candy, and maybe something else too, ok kid you need to come in quietly ... if you don't ... well, you have just one chance ... well by the power invested in me by me and for me, you have been found guilty and your punishment is death."

Sorry, I don't buy it ... getting legally brought items from the store legally is a crime nor should it be punishable by death.

He is dead because he attacked someone he didn't know and lost, that's it.

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
14 moms liked this

Act like a thug, smoke and sell drugs like a thug, drink like a thug, talk like a thug and we are supposed to believe he didn't attack Zimmerman "Like a thug"

Seems to me Trayvon lived like a thug and he died like a thug 

Kids like Trayvon live an die like thugs everyday in Chicago. Over 50 killed and injured over the weekend of the 4th. The only real difference here is that in Trayvons case, the thug got shot by someone who wasn't black so I guess that makes this thug more important

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Act like a thug, smoke and sell drugs like a thug, drink like a thug, talk like a thug and we are supposed to believe he didn't attack Zimmerman "Like a thug"

Seems to me Trayvon lived like a thug and he died like a thug 

Kids like Trayvon live an die like thugs everyday in Chicago. Over 50 killed and injured over the weekend of the 4th. The only real difference here is that in Trayvons case, the thug got shot by someone who wasn't black so I guess that makes this thug more important

Yep

brittney28
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Bump
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Your post says," one of the recipes" for lean. One of the recipes, and I ain't buying this.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM

can you post a link for this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)