Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Rubio Drops to 5th in Iowa Poll

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Eds
  • 11 Replies

Rubio Drops to 5th in Iowa Poll

Print Article Send a Tip

On Thursday, Public Policy Polling released its latest 2016 tracking poll of Iowa Republican voters. The results show a dramatic shift in Republican voter sentiment. Sen. Marco Rubio, who had led in previous surveys, has dropped to 5th place. Sen. Rand Paul now leads the pack in the critical first-caucus state. 

Sen. Rand Paul leads with support from 18% of Republican voters. Following him are Gov. Chris Christie (16%), Rep. Paul Ryan (15%), former Gov. Jeb Bush (14%), Sen. Marco Rubio (11%), Sen. Ted Cruz (10%), former Sen. Rick Santorum (6%), Gov. Bobby Jindal (2%) and Gov. Susan Martinez (1%). 

PPP's last 2016 survey in Iowa was conducted in February. Sen. Rubio's support has dropped 5 points since then. Since the February poll, Rubio has been the most public supporter of the Senate amnesty bill, legislation that is increasingly unpopular with the Republican base. 

Among the more vocal opponents of the Schumer/Rubio bill are IA Sen. Chuck Grassley and IA Rep. Steve King. Getting on the opposite side of these two popular lawmakers doesn't seem to be a winning strategy in the Hawkeye State. 

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Stick a fork in him.  He fell in with Washington insiders and stopped thinking about the good of the people.  Did he really think we were not paying attention.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy hell. Republicans have shit for viable candidates.
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Once again, Celestial......Only in your dreams.

Quoting -Celestial-:

grandma B

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I had high hopes for Rubio.  But he sealed his fate when he pushed this abomination, rightfully dubbed 'The Amnesty Bill'.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

I had high hopes for Rubio.  But he sealed his fate when he pushed this abomination, rightfully dubbed 'The Amnesty Bill'.

This is my thought as well..

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

If you think there are not "shit for viable candidates" on both sides you are not paying attention.

Quoting -Celestial-:

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, when all one reads are left wing blogs, one never exists in a real world.  Their minds get filled with all kinds of tripe.

Quoting lylalane7275:

If you think there are not "shit for viable candidates" on both sides you are not paying attention.

Quoting -Celestial-:

grandma B

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
only person on that list that i wouldnt mind seeing win, only person that i see here that imo could bring both sides together is chris christy.
Bookwormy
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Jon Huntsman, other than his views on abortion, really could bring the parties together. It's a shame Romney won instead of him & that he isn't looking to run again. Fred Karger was great too. Christy is the best on this list.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

only person on that list that i wouldnt mind seeing win, only person that i see here that imo could bring both sides together is chris christy.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Give Rubio a little more time and watch him drop even more.

Payback for doing exactly the opposite of what he told the people he would do in this situation is a bi*ch.

Back in the olden days, I used to like that ba$tard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)