Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Do You Remember...

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

The Rodney King riots?

I will admit that those police officers in that case were guilty. You can't dispute that being that the whole thing was on film.

But did rioting like animals make it any better? They not only did they burn down cities but their own cities at that, Does anyone remember who the majority of the rioters were?

I wonder if they have learned anything from that or will they once again turn into animals and repeat the same actions.

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanuaryBaby06
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM
i really hope that that will not be the case here.
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM

As far as I can tell, things have been pretty quiet.  But this verdict was announced very late tonight (Sat).  Who knows what Sunday will bring.

I never could understand why blacks riot in their own neighborhoods.

Civil Rights and Black Power Movement's Period: 1955 - 1977[edit]

Modern[edit]

grandma B

muslimah
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

i really hope that that will not be the case here.

I hope not that was terrible and uncalled for. I have only heard of threats of riots by a few idiots here and there. Everyone is pleading for peace but so did Rodney King.

As long as that idiot Sharpton doesn't get in there and stir the pot maybe everyone will remain calm and we can go back to being normal.

muslimah
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

As far as I can tell, things have been pretty quiet.  But this verdict was announced very late tonight (Sat).  Who knows what Sunday will bring.

I never could understand why blacks riot in their own neighborhoods.

Civil Rights and Black Power Movement's Period: 1955 - 1977[edit]

Modern[edit]

I never understood that either. They don't stop and think "oh shit I live here too"

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember the smoke in the air for days.

A construction worker named Reginald Denny was pulled out of his semi truck, repeatedly kicked in the head, by four thugs, one of whom threw a brick at his head. It is too painful for me even to watch the video. Four black citizens rescued Denny at danger to their own lives, and drove him to the hospital. Denny was in intensive care and rehab for a long time. He has been disabled ever since. His speech and ability to walk have been permanently damaged. 

The police were too afraid to go into some of the riot areas. Therefore, the Korean shop keepers used their own AR-15s to protect themselves and their shops. They had ZERO incidents. 

The rioters trashed their own neighborhoods and looted the stores they liked that had moved to the poor area. Many businesses were destroyed. Others left the area and never returned, further decreasing the tax base of the area.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Here is my thoughts on what will happen, straight from my FB status. LOL! Fitting!

Society today is so sucked into social media that the only riots police will see from the Zimmerman verdict will be those on FB status posts!
muslimah
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Quoting SallyMJ:

I remember the smoke in the air for days.

A construction worker named Reginald Denny was pulled out of his semi truck, repeatedly kicked in the head, by four thugs, one of whom threw a brick at his head. It is too painful for me even to watch the video. Four black citizens rescued Denny at danger to their own lives, and drove him to the hospital. Denny was in intensive care and rehab for a long time. He has been disabled ever since. His speech and ability to walk have been permanently damaged. 

The police were too afraid to go into some of the riot areas. Therefore, the Korean shop keepers used their own AR-15s to protect themselves and their shops. They had ZERO incidents. 

The rioters trashed their own neighborhoods and looted the stores they liked that had moved to the poor area. Many businesses were destroyed. Others left the area and never returned, further decreasing the tax base of the area.

I think I heard about that man Reginald being pulled out of the truck. The story is familiar but it's been so damn long. Wasn't that in the early 90's? Oh God this makes me feel old.

muslimah
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Quoting kcangel63:

Here is my thoughts on what will happen, straight from my FB status. LOL! Fitting!

Society today is so sucked into social media that the only riots police will see from the Zimmerman verdict will be those on FB status posts!

Hope so. I never log into FB anyways.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM
You should see it. FB riots, fires, and cars being rocked and tipped everywhere!!!

LOL

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting kcangel63:

muslimah
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Quoting kcangel63:

You should see it. FB riots, fires, and cars being rocked and tipped everywhere!!!

LOL

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting kcangel63:

People are so stupid. That's why I never log into FB and when I do I never see all stupid stuff like this because I only have about 13 friends lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)