Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What has he been up to? Hiding out, avoiding death threats and oh, this... George Zimmerman Saves Car Crash Victim In ‘Heroic’ Rescue

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 77 Replies
2 moms liked this

News: George Zimmerman Saves Car Crash Victim In ‘Heroic’ Rescue posted31 minutes agoby Brad Michelson

Reports coming from the Sanford, Florida Police Department today say that George Zimmerman, the man who was found not guilty in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at a highway intersection less than a mile from where the Martin shooting took place. According to police, the incident occurred at the Florida highway intersection of I-4 and route 417 last Friday. This is the first known public sighting of Zimmerman since the verdict was read at his trial on July 13. The jury's "not guilty" ruling has sparked on-going protests that have continued for over a week after the event. Zimmerman has been in hiding since the closure of his trial, according to his lawyers. He has also been unable to return to his home following "an enormous amount" of death threats. His lawyers also said that he has been wearing a bullet-proof vest when he goes into public.

Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/07/george-zimmerman-rescue-hero-car-crash/

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustCJ
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Holy shit my husband saw that accident! He drives semi fo sunbelt rentals.
Naturewoman4
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I just heard this on Fox News. I wonder if the other news channels will report this, probably not because TM supporters won't care. Obama and Holder won't care.
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I'm glad he was able to help this person...strange it's not on the other news ....

JustCJ
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Know what I find ironic? He has to wear a bullet proof vest to protect from guns that I BET are the majority illegal.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I just heard this on Fox News. I wonder if the other news channels will report this, probably not because TM supporters won't care. Obama and Holder won't care.

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Good, he's got a lifetime of good deads to do to make up for his horrible deed.

Naturewoman4
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I'm surprised GZ is still in Stanford. If I were him I don't think I can even remain in the U.S. How is he going to work, go back to college. Also, his wife. I wonder if GZ HAS to remain in the U.S.? When there has been many death threats, I don't feel a person should be made to stay. If I were GZ and his family, I wouldn't stay in a Country that wanted to send him to prison for yrs. Put death threats on his life, and his family. Then have a President and Dept. of "Just Us" not even arrest the New Black Panther for the boundy on GZ's arrest. A President and Dept. of "Just Us" wanting to nail him on something. My hope is that GZ sues the hell out of everyone that has convicted him before his trial, the media that falsely accused him of being a racist, A. Corey, Crump. I hope GZ writes a book and makes a movie and becomes a very rich man. Then moves to Canada or another Country and lives his life in peace. GZ would make a great teacher to youth at risk. I hope that he and his wife become parents and GZ would make a great father.
JustCJ
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM

What horrible deed would that be?

Quoting trippyhippy:

Good, he's got a lifetime of good deads to do to make up for his horrible deed.

1Giovanni
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe God is working through him to teach him life is important.
Naturewoman4
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I wonder if the State is paying for his security guard? They should. I wonder why GZ even has to stay in this Country, I wouldn't?
Quoting JustCJ:

Know what I find ironic? He has to wear a bullet proof vest to protect from guns that I BET are the majority illegal.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

ABC actually has a short blurb.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

I'm glad he was able to help this person...strange it's not on the other news ....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)