Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Toddler Falls Out Of Car On Highway

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 13 Replies
Talk about a lesson on why you should make sure your child's car seat is properly strapped into your vehicle and you have child locks on the car door. As CityNews reports, a 2-year-old Toronto girl is lucky to be alive after falling out of a car onto a highway.

According to Sgt. Larry Zimmerman with Traffic Services, while traveling down a highway, "a child in the back seat was playing with the door handle and managed to open the door," and then all that was needed to push the car seat out of the vehicle was gravity. "It's pretty obvious here that the child's seat was not strapped in or it wouldn't have come out of the car," he says. The toddler was not injured but was taken to a hospital for evaluation. Police say an investigation is ongoing.
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM
That is a lucky little girl!
survivorinohio
by Rene on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Wow!  I am glad she is ok.

Luvnlogic
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Man, thats scary!!! I bet her parents will be checking that seat twice and once again before every trip for the foreseeable future!

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Might be an old car they didn't have child locks back when.I remember a few of my kids would undo their car seat belts and id have to pull over and put them back.Finally I got so sick of it that I improvised and used a belt to secure the car seat belt where they could not remove it.

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Humor - Probably someone so full of "White Guilt" after Obama's speech last week that they were afraid to lock doors in fear of offending some black person.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Nah. Sounds like they were Canadian. LOL

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Humor - Probably someone so full of "White Guilt" after Obama's speech last week that they were afraid to lock doors in fear of offending some black person.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Thank goodness she was not hurt.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM
So lucky!

Quoting gludwig2000:

That is a lucky little girl!
kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I can't even imagine how they stress out now. I'd sit in the back with the kid.

Quoting Luvnlogic:

Man, thats scary!!! I bet her parents will be checking that seat twice and once again before every trip for the foreseeable future!

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM

How scary.  Glad there is a good ending.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN