Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

ANOTHER Toddler Falls Out Of Vehicle On Hwy Story!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 11 Replies
SOCASTEE, SC - A woman was given a child restraint violation when a toddler fell out of an SUV in rush-hour traffic in Horry County on Monday.

The incident happened at Dick Pond Road and SC 544 just after 5 pm, said SC Highway Patrol spokesman Sonny Collins.

A Chevrolet Tahoe was pulling onto SC 544 from Dick Pond Road when a rear door of the SUV opened and a 2-year-old child fell out, Collins said.

The toddler was injured and rushed to Grand Strand Regional Hospital, Collins said.

Erika Clay, age 24, who Collins said was driving the SUV, was given a ticket for a child restraint violation, said Collins, who also noted that there was no child seat in the vehicle.

Collins said that no one is sure how the door came open. The injuries the toddler suffered were not life-threatening, Collins said.
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanuaryBaby06
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM

thank goodness that the child will be alright!

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
No car seat! Why don't parents care about their child's safety. My 2 year old is still rfing and my 5 yr old is still harnessed. Their safety is to important to me not to have then riding the safest way.
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Yikes!

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM
It's hard for me to imagine they didn't have a car seat! 0.0

Quoting JoJoBean8:

No car seat! Why don't parents care about their child's safety. My 2 year old is still rfing and my 5 yr old is still harnessed. Their safety is to important to me not to have then riding the safest way.
kaylamom2004
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

This is ridiculous! I'm so sick & tired of seeing children in vehicles not properly restrained OR RESTRAINED AT ALL!

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM
They put child locks on car doors, windows that only come down part way, car seats. All to keep kids safe. However, you can't force people to be smart.

Quoting kaylamom2004:

This is ridiculous! I'm so sick & tired of seeing children in vehicles not properly restrained OR RESTRAINED AT ALL!

kaylamom2004
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Actually, you can. You can ticket them to hell until they spend the $ on a damn seat & properly buckle them in. How many times ticketed & forced to pay fines/fees do you think it would take?

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM
It's sad that the fine for not using a seat is so low. In my state it's only $75

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Seriously?! Our ticket for expired tags was more than that!

Quoting JoJoBean8:

It's sad that the fine for not using a seat is so low. In my state it's only $75

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

kcangel63
by Amanda on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I know! How scary for the little one! Could you imagine?!?!

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

thank goodness that the child will be alright!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)