• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WSJ: Weiner must quit -- for Huma's sake

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

The Wall Street Journal has joined the chorus of New York-based editorial pages calling for scandal-plagued Democrat Anthony Weiner to drop out of the race for mayor. The Journal looks past Huma Abedin's defense of her husband at Tuesday's press conference, and urges him to step aside for her sake:

Anthony Weiner ought to drop out of the New York City mayor's race simply because of what he's forced his wife to endure. Watching the elegant Huma Abedin stand next to her man Tuesday as he explained his latest sexually charged online exchanges was painful for a normal human being to watch.

The Journal notes, in Weiner's defense, that more of his scandals have emerged during the campaign, in contrast to comptroller candidate Eliot Spitzer, another frontrunner from whom the editorial board expects the worst: "Mr. Spitzer may not unleash his furies again until he's back in power."

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I know he's a dirtbag, but it is so entertaining watching Weiner embarrass himself.  I want him to stay in and get another spanking at the polls.  Plus I love watching Democrats go down in flames.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM

eh... if shes willing to tan with him more power to them.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Huma could walk away from all this and never look back.  She would be just fine.  She wants to be first lady of NYC as much as he want to be Mayor. JMO.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Most women in her position feel humiliated and as if they need to continue to support their husbands. It's happened for at least 100 years.

Quoting lylalane7275:

Huma could walk away from all this and never look back.  She would be just fine.  She wants to be first lady of NYC as much as he want to be Mayor. JMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)