• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All he did was follow her and talk to her and now he's dead and not only is she not arrested but Quanell the 10th is representing her?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Woman-accused-of-fatally-shooting-man-at-gas-station-I-was-just-protecting-myself--216676811.html

Woman accused of fatally shooting man at gas station: ‘I was just protecting myself’

Woman accused of fatally shooting man at gas station: ‘I was just protecting myself’

HOUSTON—The woman who police said fatally shot a man at a southeast Houston gas station Sunday says she never intended to hurt anyone.

The confrontation occurred Sunday evening at the Gulf station located on Cullen Boulevard near Yellowstone in southeast Houston.

Surveillance video shows a woman retrieving a rifle from the trunk of her car and pointing it toward the ground near a man armed with an umbrella and a pocket knife. Then it shows the man swinging at the woman as she steps back and fires the weapon.

58-year-old Louis Daniel was pronounced dead at the scene.

“I’m very hurt and I never meant for anything like this to go on,” said Shanequia McDonald.  “I just went to the gas station to get gas.  I didn’t go to hurt or harm anyone and I was just protecting myself.”

McDonald said Daniel was making sexual advances toward her and cursing her out.

But what happened after the shooting captured on video caused some witnesses to ask questions.

McDonald can be seen grabbing her cell phone and taking a picture of Daniel.

Activist Quanell X said McDonald was gathering evidence.

“She took out her phone to take a picture of the knife he had in his hand so no one would say he didn’t attempt to harm her, stab her, cut her and that she did not do this in self defense.”

He also claimed the reason she left the station before police could arrive was because she felt threatened by the other men who had been sitting with Daniel when the confrontation began.

Authorities have referred the case to a grand jury.

McDonald is expected to testify.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Sunday evening, huh?  Interesting.  Because Quanell X was out leading a protest/march against Stand Your Ground laws on that very same day!  

So which is it, Quanell?  Stand Your Ground is a good law?  Or Stand Your Ground is a bad law?

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting ExecutiveChick:

All he did was follow her and talk to her and now he's dead

All he did was verbally harass her, then follow her with drawn weapons and then swing at her with a knife, and now he's dead

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

He swung at her after she fired the first shot. After she went to her trunk and got her gun out. She had plenty of opportunity to leave.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

All he did was verbally harass her, then follow her with drawn weapons and then swing at her with a knife, and now he's dead

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Well, other than her leaving, I can understand her taking pictures to show that he had a knife, although I doubt that I would have been in the right frame of mind to take pictures if it had been me. All I can say is lets wait to see what happens, and that this is what I was afraid of, more people taking advantage of the SYG law to hurt or kill others.
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM

At least she gets a grand jury - unlike Zimmerman.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM
But isn't that the difference between SYG and the Castle Doctine, that you do not have to try to leave, just to fear for your life? He had a knife.
Quoting ExecutiveChick:

He swung at her after she fired the first shot. After she went to her trunk and got her gun out. She had plenty of opportunity to leave.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM

The only part I find odd is that she left the scene.  I don't think I would have been afraid of the other men.  If anything those men should be afraid of her--she did just shoot a man.

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I also find this a little weird.  Not necessarily that she said she left because she was afraid of the other men, but that she wasn't afraid enough to take a photo of him, and then top off her tank before she left.  I haven't seen the part of the video where she topped off her tank, it was reported on the news.  But we all know how reliable the news is these days. /smirk

Quoting 4kidz916:

The only part I find odd is that she left the scene.  I don't think I would have been afraid of the other men.  If anything those men should be afraid of her--she did just shoot a man.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)