Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Fox Leaves Live Coverage Of Obama's Economic Speech For Royal Baby Name

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 23 Replies

After airing President Obama's economic speech live for approximately eight minutes, Fox News cut away to commercial break, promising that interested parties could watch the remainder of his remarks on Fox Business Network.

When America Live returned from commercial, guest host Shannon Bream announced the newly given name of the royal baby and then launched into a segment attacking Obama's newest judicial nominee, Cornelia Pillard.

During this same time, CNN and MSNBC aired continual live footage of Obama's speech.

Fox has a habit of cutting away early from the president's speeches -- the network left Obama's live remarks in Berlin to cover tea party protests, cut away from Obama's recent climate change speech in order to host a climate change denier, and cut short live coverage of Obama's reaction to the Senate's vote on gun control legislation.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM
5 moms liked this
Fox is no different from any other news channel, as far as I am concerned, and that is concerned about giving their viewers what they want. Obviously, their viewers don't want to watch Obama.
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't blame them.
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

The baby name is more exciting!!

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
3 moms liked this

We've all heard that speech before.

JustCJ
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
4 moms liked this
Me either. All he did was blame congress.

Quoting Carpy:

I don't blame them.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
5 moms liked this
Quoting lylalane7275:

We've all heard that speech before.

I believe that was the 19th version.

He is going to "pivot" and have a laser like focus on the economy.

uh huh.
erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

If the ratings were there for economic news and people cared, Obama would not have a 2nd term.

The truth is people just don't dig into the details and care that much about a speech.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I really don't care..either way.. O'reilly except for his last speech which was right on spot..I honestly stopped recording him..got tired of the political correctness..glad to see he's getting his cojones back.  As far as the baby, happy that they had a healthy happy baby..but kind of sad really that the woman who  Princess Di hated and abhored will be called Grandma..

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Not surprising since they're not actually a news channel.
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Why would any one, let alone Fox News viewers, want to watch the 20th retread of Obama's pathetic speech?  If one wants to be bored to death, one can always go to Foxnews.com and watch their live feeds of his speeches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN