Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

College Kids In Patriotic Clothing Refused Entry To Obama's Campus Speech For 'Safety' Reasons

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 15 Replies

College Kids In Patriotic Clothing Refused Entry To Obama's Campus Speech For 'Safety' Reasons

College Kids In Patriotic Clothing Refused Entry To Obama’s Campus Speech For ‘Safety’ Reasons
Michael Miller

Despite the fact that they had tickets to the event, ten College Republicans were deemed a security threat and refused admittance to Barack Obama’s economics speech at the University of Central Missouri Wednesday.

Oh yeah, they were wearing Tea Party, Republican and otherwise patriotic clothing.

According to The College Fix, security personnel turned the students away at the door to the recreation center where Obama gave a speech on economic policy, telling the group it wasn’t about their politics but the president’s safety, State Treasurer of the College Republicans Courtney Scott told The Fix.

“It just didn’t make any sense. A lot of us traveled several hours to watch the speech. We were very disappointed not to be able to attend.”

The students, some of whom donned Tea Party T-Shirts and others who wore patriotic or Republican-inspired clothing, had protested against Obama earlier in the day on campus, but said they were ready to simply listen to the president when security shut them out, told them to leave the vicinity and stay several hundred yards away from the rec center.

Good thing security was all over it, huh? You know how violent patriotic Americans can get.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Oops, just posted the same story.  I'll delete mine.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Hooray for freedom of speech and equal protection under the law.

Two things that conservatives fight for to the benefit of all.

susan115
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

So, true, our President doesn't like opposing viewpoints.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Hooray for freedom of speech and equal protection under the law.

Two things that conservatives fight for to the benefit of all.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, will let you post first next time. LOL 

Quoting lylalane7275:

Oops, just posted the same story.  I'll delete mine.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

And he represents the WHOLE country.. NOT.. Well, why would he care..he got voted in the second time around..he doesn't need to change their minds about voting for him or not.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

...will wait for the facts first, and not a bunch of hearsay..

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Communist....That's our unbeloved leader.

Godgaveme4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Did they get a refund for the tickets?
imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

What??  They were deemed to be suspicious and potentially dangerous because of how they looked or what they were wearing??  I thought profiling was wrong. /sarc  

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:12 AM
3 moms liked this

They were wearing tea party shirts and "republican-inspired clothing."...clearly a threat to national security..they must be detained and questioned extensively. surprise mini

BTW...."republican inspired..." Did I miss something? Did the GOP launch a clothing line?

Quoting imagirlgeek:

What??  They were deemed to be suspicious and potentially dangerous because of how they looked or what they were wearing??  I thought profiling was wrong. /sarc  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)