Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Poll: Race relations have plummeted since Obama took office

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 60 Replies

A national survey has found that only 52% of Americans believe race relations in the country are "very good" or "fairly good," down from more than 70% in 2009.

According to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Wednesday, just 4% of Americans believed race relations were "very good" while 48% of those surveyed felt they were "fairly good." 

Respondents were asked: "In general, do you think race relations in the United States are very good, fairly good, fairly bad, or very bad?"

More than four in ten Americans believed race relations were "fairly bad" (28%) or "very bad" (16%).

Among whites, 3% thought race relations were "very good," 49% "fairly good," 32% "fairly bad," and 13% "very bad." 

Among blacks, 6% thought race relations were "very good," 32% "fairly good," 25% "fairly bad," and 33% "very bad."

Among Hispanics, 3% thought race relations were "very good," 57% "fairly good," 22% "fairly bad," and 13% "very bad."

The survey polled 1,000 adults between July 17-21, and its margin of error is 3.1 percentage points. 

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:00 AM
6 moms liked this

Unfortunate. But not surprising. Barry should be happy, to see the fruits of his labor ripen.

smiley: Yah - keystrokes: bitch

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Very good in my area.  Some areas, not so much.

stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Could be more of a case of blinders coming off of many regarding the issue, not because the relations have been made worse. As education on the topic increases and people are made to recognize prejudice in something that used to be an acceptable status quo, tensions increase for multiple reasons, including resentment. Pinning this on the president is asinine.
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM

It's really sad. I really hoped it would have done the opposite

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM
4 moms liked this

Knowing that he hated White Colonialism, that he worshiped at a Black Separatist Church for 20 years, and that he was a radical, what would have given you that hope?

Quoting numbr1wmn:

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Look I am not a fan and never would have voted for him. However, I thought that maybe this "race" bullshit would have gone away.  What do you mean my radical?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Knowing that he hated White Colonialism, that he worshiped at a Black Separatist Church for 20 years, and that he was a radical, what would have given you that hope?

Quoting numbr1wmn:

denise3680
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

This is ridiculous, no one man or woman can cause bad race relations, when that relationship has never been good in the first place.  This is stupid:/ 

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

That was exactly why I did not think it would help either.Coupled with the fact how some acted after he was elected.Both black and white.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't vote for him either but I also hoped it would make more people see that opportunity is there for anyone who is willing to put forth an effort and try for their dreams.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Look I am not a fan and never would have voted for him. However, I thought that maybe this "race" bullshit would have gone away.  What do you mean my radical?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Exactly!

Quoting 4kidz916:

I didn't vote for him either but I also hoped it would make more people see that opportunity is there for anyone who is willing to put forth an effort and try for their dreams.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN