Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

More Talks about Trayvon Martin's Criminal Involvements?? What can America learn from this case?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 78 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was reading/listening to Mike Rosen's radio station which brought up some interesting things. Here's the site but CM's site isn't working so I can just post it. http://www.850koa.com/pages/mikerosen.html I found this quite interesting. In this radio talk show, he plays bill Whittle's thoughts on this case as well. You can click on different discussions such as "More fallout from Zimmerman Verdict" and "Zimmerman's verdict examinied", to name a few. Here's just a few of what was said that interest me. I have always felt that TM was high at the 7-11 store. We all know that part of why GZ thought TM looked suspicious was because he felt TM was on drugs or something. The media and the TM supporters keep on stating that TM had skittles and AZ ice tea. Yet, the truth is it wasn't an ice-tea, it was a fruit cocktail. On TM's toxicology report it said that TM's liver was damaged. Now I didn't know about that. I did think that perhaps the 2nd pg. to this report, was purposely removed. I never knew why. The talk is that it WAS due to TM's accessive lean drink. On TM's own computer accounts, he spoke about this 'lean' drink how he was going to get some, etc. etc. Yet, the media and TM supporters never mentioned that, and IF brought up they only ignore and laugh it off as false. I am reading how some are feeling that TM's parents failed as parents. Also, that had the fact TM WAS breaking into homes, and the school police found that jewelry and screwdriver on him, HAD the police of arrested him (like they should of) and had the school of reported it not only as "found property", then TM would of been sent to Juvenile Detention instead of a 10 day detention. The Justice System failed TM! TM would be alive today, if the school district didn't cover-up these facts to make it appear that their schools didn't have much crime. Also, the fact that TM took a swing at a bus driver yet the school police yet again covered that up as well. I hope this isn't the last we hear about all of this. That ALL of the truths will come out.
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM
8 moms liked this

Let the poor boy rest in peace.

Naturewoman4
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Well it seems that a lot of Americans aren't letting GZ rest in peace are they? I think the TM supporters and TM's parents also needs to take a look at what they are doing now, and let their son rest in peace as well. A lot of us know how much the media and TM supporters have covered up in this case. Turning this into a race war, well that is what they now have. Sad.
Quoting trippyhippy:

stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM
7 moms liked this
GZ IS NOT DEAD! Poor, poor Zimmerman. Did he have a Trayvon Martin rap sheet in his hand when he saw him? What the hell are you trying to say with this? TM is better off dead? He had it coming? If this was all about self defense, TM's history is no more relevant than the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car to keep TM in sight (I.e. Following, which GZ admits in his next-day breakdown of events). Your obsession with TM's prior discretions comes off as you trying to rationalize a death that shouldn't have happened.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well it seems that a lot of Americans aren't letting GZ rest in peace are they? I think the TM supporters and TM's parents also needs to take a look at what they are doing now, and let their son rest in peace as well. A lot of us know how much the media and TM supporters have covered up in this case. Turning this into a race war, well that is what they now have. Sad.

Quoting trippyhippy:

garnet83
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM

It doesn't matter now.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

There was a lot of info. The defense had to pick and choose.

The phone texts were the defense's biggest request, and showed TM's character most clearly. But the judge disallowed them - which would have been the basis of an appeal, had GZ been convicted.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

So you believe it's right to harrass GZ and make him afraid for his life, for saving his own life and preventing himself from being killed - because TM is dead.

Curious reasoning. Did you learn that at the university? Or just on your own?

Quoting stringtheory:

GZ IS NOT DEAD! Poor, poor Zimmerman. Did he have a Trayvon Martin rap sheet in his hand when he saw him? What the hell are you trying to say with this? TM is better off dead? He had it coming? If this was all about self defense, TM's history is no more relevant than the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car to keep TM in sight (I.e. Following, which GZ admits in his next-day breakdown of events). Your obsession with TM's prior discretions comes off as you trying to rationalize a death that shouldn't have happened.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting trippyhippy:

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't wish for all of this boy's dirty secrets to be aired.  It won't make a difference at all now.  I do wish that everyone would just let it all go.  The jury spoke and it's over.  

stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this
That was in response to the crass reply about "letting Zimmerman rest in peace" in response to someone else mentioning TM (the one who died) being left alone to RIP. Since RIP is aterm applied to the dead more often then the living, that question minimalizes TM's death. As do her multiple posts trying to show what a bad guy TM was. I know it doesn't fit your agenda to agree with me, but her thoughtless response was gross.

Quoting SallyMJ:

So you believe it's right to harrass GZ and make him afraid for his life, for saving his own life and preventing himself from being killed - because TM is dead.

Quoting stringtheory:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting trippyhippy:

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:16 PM
5 moms liked this

TM's history is pretty much in line with all druggies and thieves. They almost always have a record that their defenders try to hide. Rarely does a first-time offender make it to the national headlines.

Criminals have been failed all along, first and foremost by their parents, then by the school system, and then by the legal system. The get slapped on the hand over and over and told "no, don't do it again," and then they go and do it again anyway just because they know they can. There is never any real punishment. It's the same story. The prisons are full of kids just like TM. It won't end until families begin to take control of their kids and until the government-run schools toughen up and the legal system quits being so lenient with these kids. It's time to quit feeling sorry for them and to begin punishing them early on so that they won't go out and get shot.

Proverbs 13:24

Those who spare the rod hate their children, but those who love them

are diligent to discipline them - Proverbs 13:24

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
3 moms liked this

I can tell she said "rest in peace" as a rhetorical technique. I do that a lot. You use the other person's words in your response to make your point. It often makes the point clearer, which is why it is so effective.

Reading her reply, and knowing her character, I can tell you that her intention wasn't to offend - but to make a point. I might have used similar verbiage in the same situation - not to offend you, but to make my point.

She has a valid argument: that many people treat TM as off-limits, but it's open hunting season for a man who is not guilty, who committed justifiable homicide due to self defense. That is completely legal - and one of the only defenses against charges of murder and manslaughter. If he acted in self defense, than neither murder nor manslaughter apply. Since that is the case, you have no business attacking and demonizing a man who has been found not guilty according to the evidence and the law. Despite how anyone may feel.

Quoting stringtheory:

That was in response to the crass reply about "letting Zimmerman rest in peace" in response to someone else mentioning TM (the one who died) being left alone to RIP. Since RIP is aterm applied to the dead more often then the living, that question minimalizes TM's death. As do her multiple posts trying to show what a bad guy TM was. I know it doesn't fit your agenda to agree with me, but her thoughtless response was gross.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting stringtheory:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting trippyhippy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)