• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zimmerman Reportedly Surfaces Again

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 32 Replies

Zimmerman Reportedly Surfaces Again, This Time in Texas and This Time With a Gun

George Zimmerman was reportedly pulled over by police in Texas for speeding and informed them he had a gun in his glove compartment, TMZ reports:

Zimmerman was speeding in Forney, Texas on Sunday, just after noon, when he was stopped by police.  Zimmerman told cops he was headed “nowhere in particular,” and informed them he had a firearm in his glove compartment.

Zimmerman was given a warning, after cops determined he was free of warrants.  He was sent on his way with a polite goodbye, “Have a safe trip.”

The stop lasted around 5 minutes.

TMZ published a dashcam image of an officer beside a truck:

Zimmerman Reportedly Surfaces Again, This Time in Texas and This Time With a Gun

George Zimmerman was reportedly pulled over for speeding in Texas and informed police he had a gun in his glove compartment. (Image source: TMZ)

Zimmerman was acquitted of criminal charges in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin earlier this month. He surfaced several days after the verdict to assist a family involved in a car wreck in Florida.

A message left with the Forney Police Department was not immediately returned.

A Dallas CBS reporter tweeted an image of the police report from the traffic stop:

Image source: J.D. Miles/Twitter @jdmiles11

In comparing the photo published by TMZ to images on Google Maps, TheBlaze believes that Zimmerman was likely pulled over on Highway 80, heading west toward Dallas.

We’ve included the picture below, which compares the “Pin–” seen in the TMZ photo with an exit sign along the highway. Additionally, considering the billboard in the background as well as the buildings in the distance on the left, the direction of travel would be west and not east.

Google Maps

This post has been updated.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:58 PM

A Dallas CBS reporter tweeted an image of the police report from the traffic stop. Reporter J.D. Miles also tweeted, “Sources tell me #Zimmerman told an officer he wasn’t sure where he was heading and asked if he recognized him from TV.”

How on earth did they get this information so fast....is it public?

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe that in Texas, if you have a firearm in your vehicle you are required to disclose it. 

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know it was law...I just always thought it was good gun etiquette though. :-)  I've only been stopped once and I handed my CHL to him with my driver's license.  Then I told him where it was in the car.  He was like, "Meh...okay." LOL

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I believe that in Texas, if you have a firearm in your vehicle you are required to disclose it. 

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Yuck! That is 15 minutes from me...

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

How long are we going to follow and care where this creep is?

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess we should feel blessed that some came into this group and posted their replies first..(cough)

Pema_Jampa
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

feel better

Ednarooni160
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Crikeys..HIDE the skittles..

grandmab125
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:23 PM

sidesplittinglaughterLMFAO. 

Quoting -Celestial-:

Yuck! That is 15 minutes from me...

grandma B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)