Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fox News whines ‘far left media’ making fun of our ‘most embarrassing interview’ ever

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 7:30 PM
Jean Schultheis - Va te faire voir

Titre : Va te faire voir Interprète : Jean Schultheis Année : 1987 Auteurs compositeurs : Jean Schultheis Durée : 3 m 35 s Label : Carrere

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Fox News whines ‘far left media’ making fun of our ‘most embarrassing interview’ ever

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 18:24 EDT
Fox News host Shannon Bream (Screenshot)

Fox News host Shannon Bream on Wednesday complained that “very far left media” had criticized the news network’s recent interview with a religious scholar who happened to be Muslim.

“The liberal media has remained quiet on the subject matter of the book but cannot control its outrage over that question: Why did you write it?” she said.

A Fox News interview with Reza Aslan last week went viral after BuzzFeed labelled it “the most embarrassing interview Fox News has ever done.”

Fox News host Lauren Green began the interview by asking why a Muslim was interested in writing a book about Jesus Christ.

The initial question alone was innocuous. But after Aslan explained his interest in Jesus — he was a former evangelical Christian and a religious scholar — Green continued to question his motivations. She insinuated the book was a secret attack on the core tenets of Christianity and that Muslim scholars could not write an accurate book about the historical Jesus.

Bream said Wednesday that Green was “taking so much heat” because people of the Muslim faith were overly sensitive.

Watch video, uploaded to YouTube, below:

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CookiePwnz
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM

This guy... Needs to get hit in the face. Still not an appropriate question.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Lol.  I watched MSNBC get their ass handed to them by a comedian.   I have to say that was pretty embarrassing.  

sarebear31976
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM

The interview was totally embarrassing.  She was trying desperately to make  him into the villian for no other reason than he is a Muslim.  I can understand why people are making fun of it.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM

So PJ, you didn't watch the video, did you? Or you wouldn't say such foolish things in your OP.

This is such a stupid issue. The interviewer's opening question was a fine softball question. She didn't show bigotry toward his religion. If anything, it could be argued he was racist and sexist to her.

i think it's more concerning to know that Mr. Aslan is not truthful in this interview. He wasn't honest in his comments about his education. He doesn't have a degree in New Testament. And his PhD is in sociology, not  "comparative religions." 

I would think someone who claims to be religious should be honest about himself.

And he wasn't raised as a Christian, as he implies in his lectures.  He was raised as a Muslim, converted to Christianity for two years, and then converted back to Islam. So he's a lifelong Muslim with a couple years in Christianity.

Interesting that his last name is CS Lewis's name for Jesus in the Chronicales of Narnia.

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Quoting SallyMJ:

Interesting that his last name is CS Lewis's name for Jesus in the Chronicales of Narnia.

This conspiracy theory I gotta hear.

Go on.  Why is that interesting?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM

How would it not be interesting?

Did you read the books or see the movies?

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting SallyMJ:

cindilou13
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I have both read the books and seen the movies.  Yet fail to understand why a random coincidence of a person's last name being the same as a name in works of fiction published over 60 years ago is interesting.

Enlighten us, please.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting SallyMJ:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

You're funny.  :)

I find lots of things interesting, and I'm very curious - always have been. I love words, love to write, and am an English major.  I always try to pronounce everyone's name exactly the way they say it in their language - Polish, Romanian, Spanish, Arabic, whatever - I never anglicize anything.

I've never seen "Aslan" be anyone's name, ever.  Always thought CS Lewis made it up.  

Apparently not. I find that interesting. And of course it reminds me of Aslan the lion.

Hope that helps.

Quoting cindilou13:

I have both read the books and seen the movies.  Yet fail to understand why a random coincidence of a person's last name being the same as a name in works of fiction published over 60 years ago is interesting.

Enlighten us, please.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting SallyMJ:

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)