Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Republican viewpoint on why liberals are just wrong.

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 146 Replies
11 moms liked this

Although, I did not write this, as a conservative, I feel many liberals just think with their emotions.  You always writing about how republicans are greedy, so hear is some food for thought.

You think that your idea regarding taking money from the "very wealthy" is somehow morally justified.  After all, they don't need it and they have it.  By your logic, anything that you have should be fair game for anyone who does not have it.  Do you have more than one TV?  If so, someone who doesn't have one, or whose TV is not as nice as yours, has a perfect right to walk in to your house and take it with them.  The same is true for the money you are saving in your bank account, your home and anything else you own.  The case can always be made that someone else is more in need than you.  It feels easy to draw the line somewhere above you, but it is still wrong.

You don't understand corporate taxation.  Corporations do not really pay taxes.  The tax you want to levy on the corporation is just passed on to the consumer as a higher price.  You might feel better thinking that those evil corporations are now paying their fair share, but all you are doing is raising the prices for everyone.  If in the unlikely event that the evil corporation does not pass on the cost, their stock price and dividend will go down, hurting anyone who is invested in their stock.  In that case, your 401k and everyone else's goes down and you get less when you retire.  

Raising the minimum wage works just like corporate taxes.  The costs are added to the price of everything the minimum wage earner and everyone else pays.  With one hand you increase someone's paycheck, with the other, you take it back.  Again, if you don't, the stock price goes down and all of the investors are hurt.     

If you want to improve your lot in life, work harder.  Get the skill sets that will move you beyond a minimum wage job.  Depend on yourself to improve your life.  Don't imagine yourself a weak victim that needs papa government to save you from the people who are willing to do the work.  It is easier to be a victim, but it is the moral equivalent of being a theif.  You feel better because it is the government doing the taking, but it is the same thing. Written by BD

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM
3 moms liked this

This was an excellent read and gave good examples..

Debrowsky
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
3 moms liked this

this was an excellent read!    couldn't get any simpler and plainer than this.

AdrianneHill
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM
7 moms liked this
so simple it explains why conservatives do not understand liberal thought. conservative thought is easy. it consists of " this is mine! get your own and I don't care how as long as I don't have to give you anything"
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Very interesting points. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Good points. I saw someone made a post in the other group about the cost of groceries in the 1960's the other day. I didn't look but wondered if the post had wages from that time with it.
Donna6503
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM
5 moms liked this
You know, I think one of the biggest mistakes republicans or conservatives make, is that big business cares about conservatives or conservatives'' values. They don't, big business doesn't care a darn about conservatives (or the GOP)

I'm amazed how the "nuts and bolts" of the Republican Party and the conservative cause, the basic middle-class people will give a blanket endorsement of big business policies and practices; and in reality, such policies are really just about how to abuse the middle-class.

I find that sort of funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM
9 moms liked this

I am a conservative small business owner and I don't support corporate greed but I do support free enterprise and less govt, taxes, and regulations.  There will always be greed in our society and it's not just coming from republicans.  The democratic party is in the pockets of these big businesses as well.

Quoting Donna6503:

You know, I think one of the biggest mistakes republicans or conservatives make, is that big business cares about conservatives or conservatives'' values. They don't, big business doesn't care a darn about conservatives (or the GOP)

I'm amazed how the "nuts and bolts" of the Republican Party and the conservative cause, the basic middle-class people will give a blanket endorsement of big business policies and practices; and in reality, such policies are really just about how to abuse the middle-class.

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM
10 moms liked this

The same could be said about liberals and big government.  The difference is that I can work hard and prove my worth with big business, and move up in the ranks to earn more for my family.  You can't do that with big government.  Big government requires you to do worse in order to earn more for your family. 

Quoting Donna6503:

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM

BUMP!

sillygirl83
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Couldn't agree more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN