Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Man beaten because he was white

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 33 Replies
One of two men charged in a West Seattle attack alleged to have been racially motivated has pleaded guilty to robbery and hate crime charges.

Pleading guilty as charged last month, Ahmed Mohamed, 23, told the court he and co-defendant Jonathan N. Baquiring attacked a West Seattle teen on May 25 because the youth was white.

“I along with Jonathan Baquiring robbed (the 16-year-old) by stealing items from his pockets while threatening to cap him, whipping him with his belt and burning him with cigarettes,” Mohamed told the court. “We also displayed a knife … held it to his neck and threatened to cut his throat.

“We targeted (him) because he was a different race than we are.”

As part of the plea agreement, prosecutors noted they plan to seek a six-year prison, the maximum sentence available inside the standard sentencing range.

The 16-year-old victim told police he was walking to his West Seattle home from a friend’s house about 2 a.m. the morning of the attack when he was approached by two men.

His assailants asked him for a light. According to charging documents, his assailants then attacked him.

Following the attack, the boy’s face, ears, head and back were swollen and covered in welts and that his teeth were chipped in several places, according to charging documents.

The youth told police the suspects forced him up the stairs to a dead end and held him against his will for several hours.

“During this time they beat him with their hands and feet, whipped him with his own belt, burned him with a lit cigarette, poured energy beer on him and urinated on him,” a Seattle police detective said in court documents.

The teen never saw a gun, but told police his attackers threatened to “‘cap’ him” if he looked up, according to court documents.

Like Mohamed, Baquiring remains jailed.

Having pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery and malicious harassment, Mohamed is set to be sentenced later in January.

Share our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/AmericasMisguidedChildren

Go to our website for Radio Show and News www.MisguidedChildren.com
One of two men charged in a West Seattle attack alleged to have been racially motivated has pleaded guilty to robbery and hate crime charges.

Pleading guilty a...s charged last month, Ahmed Mohamed, 23, told the court he and co-defendant Jonathan N. Baquiring attacked a West Seattle teen on May 25 because the youth was white.

“I along with Jonathan Baquiring robbed (the 16-year-old) by stealing items from his pockets while threatening to cap him, whipping him with his belt and burning him with cigarettes,” Mohamed told the court. “We also displayed a knife … held it to his neck and threatened to cut his throat.

“We targeted (him) because he was a different race than we are.”

As part of the plea agreement, prosecutors noted they plan to seek a six-year prison, the maximum sentence available inside the standard sentencing range.

The 16-year-old victim told police he was walking to his West Seattle home from a friend’s house about 2 a.m. the morning of the attack when he was approached by two men.

His assailants asked him for a light. According to charging documents, his assailants then attacked him.

Following the attack, the boy’s face, ears, head and back were swollen and covered in welts and that his teeth were chipped in several places, according to charging documents.

The youth told police the suspects forced him up the stairs to a dead end and held him against his will for several hours.

“During this time they beat him with their hands and feet, whipped him with his own belt, burned him with a lit cigarette, poured energy beer on him and urinated on him,” a Seattle police detective said in court documents.

The teen never saw a gun, but told police his attackers threatened to “‘cap’ him” if he looked up, according to court documents.

Like Mohamed, Baquiring remains jailed.

Having pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery and malicious harassment, Mohamed is set to be sentenced later in January.
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Amanda on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow! That is awful! :(

They need some serious help. Our society today is in such a sad state.
Ziva65
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Ugh. And people think race relations are getting better? I thought Oakland, CA is bad. They are in the news all the time with black related homicides out of control. SEATTLE..? Maybe the parents raising them with that mindset, but I don't think so. It's like a new uprising. I do think it had gotten better for a while. Would like to see some studies/ trend results on that. As for those kids, I hope they get a max penalty... They don't even seem remorseful, and they will get back on the street?

JustCJ
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM
5 moms liked this

I can't help but notice these animals need to steal from the victims nearly every time as well.

Man, get a job and be decent.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Anyone who attacks someone for being a different race, religion, sexuality or anything of that sort is an asshole, period.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

These animals only get SIX YEARS??

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kcangel63:

Wow! That is awful! :(

They need some serious help. Our society today is in such a sad state.

You can't help them.

The choices are, tolerate them or disappear them.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always thought that the "hate crime" designation is stupid. If you beat someone viciously or murder them, you pretty  much hate them. Just amp up the charge if possible (eg, "aggravated") and give them the max sentence.

But I have a feeling that the max sentence without the hate crime designation isn't long enough, and they add this to sentence the suspect for additional time.

Quoting Friday:

Anyone who attacks someone for being a different race, religion, sexuality or anything of that sort is an asshole, period.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting SallyMJ:

Just another way to control thought.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting SallyMJ:

I have always thought that the "hate crime" designation is stupid. If you beat someone viciously or murder them, you pretty  much hate them. Just amp up the charge if possible (eg, "aggravated") and give them the max sentence.

But I have a feeling that the max sentence without the hate crime designation isn't long enough, and they add this to sentence the suspect for additional time.

Quoting Friday:

I don't support hate crime legislation, I prefer harsher penalties for violent crimes.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM
3 moms liked this

And to make one victim less worthy than another.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Just another way to control thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)