Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Limbaugh: Government Shutdown Would Be Obama's Fault

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Monday, 19 Aug 2013 04:27 PM

By Wanda Carruthers

Talk show host Rush Limbaugh said if there was a government shutdown over Obamacare funding, it would be Obama, and not the Republicans, who would be to blame.

"It's a myth that the Republicans want to shut down the government over Obamacare," Limbaugh said Monday on his radio show.

"The Republicans cannot shut down the government," Limbaugh said. "Conservatives want to keep the federal government open. They just want to shut down Obamacare."

"So if Obamacare is defunded, why would Obama shut down the government?" Limbaugh asked.

President Barack Obama, in his radio address last weekend, accused Republicans of wanting to confuse people and of wanting to shut down the government.

"The Republican party has nothing to say about this. The Republican party cannot stop anything. And they can't propose and make anything happen. They don't have the votes. They do not have the support," Limbaugh said.

Several Republicans, including Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, have been spearheading efforts to see that any budget passed by Congress does not include funding for Obamacare.

"Funding the federal government, with the exception of Obamacare, would force the president and his supporters to explain why they would shut down the government to fund an unfair, unaffordable and highly unpopular law," Limbaugh said.
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't need Limbaugh to tell me that.

It's self evident.

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Obamacare cant be shut down.It is already in effect.We will see if it is unpopular in the near future.Republicans are very afraid Obamacare will be successful.Their hatred of Obama is the only thing that keeps their party together.What else can they talk about or do?Heaven forbid they work with the president or meet him half way on anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM
3 moms liked this

BS. They don't like how the program is structured. There are a lot of problems with Obamacare. Otherwise, why has Obama himself delayed certain parts of it - which you really can't do with a law? Why would he have missed HALF of the Obamacare deadlines and goals? If this was a business, they would never keep the original schedule if they were this far behind. It's just stupid.

Anything can be defunded. Anything. And even a delay and rewrite - as the liberal Washington Post recommends - would be better than putting a program in place that everyone knows is flawed.

There. Did I insult or show hatred for Obama? No. I spoke of the Obamacare program and its flaws.

I think you are confusing "disagreement" with "hatred." I mean think about it. Didn't Democrats disagree with Bush? Of course they did. Some hated him, but  not all. Same with Obama. You sound so sensitive about him, as if he will fall apart if someone disagrees with him. That's just silly. He is a big boy, just as Bush is.  :)

Quoting MomTiara19:

Obamacare cant be shut down.It is already in effect.We will see if it is unpopular in the near future.Republicans are very afraid Obamacare will be successful.Their hatred of Obama is the only thing that keeps their party together.What else can they talk about or do?Heaven forbid they work with the president or meet him half way on anything.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM

LOL of course it would.

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Thanks Obama 

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

LOL of course it would.

Not Without Panties

poietes
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Dont forget the fact that congress loved it so much that they made sure they got an exemption from the new law.

Quoting SallyMJ:

BS. They don't like how the program is structured. There are a lot of problems with Obamacare. Otherwise, why has Obama himself delayed certain parts of it - which you really can't do with a law? Why would he have missed HALF of the Obamacare deadlines and goals? If this was a business, they would never keep the original schedule if they were this far behind. It's just stupid.

Anything can be defunded. Anything. And even a delay and rewrite - as the liberal Washington Post recommends - would be better than putting a program in place that everyone knows is flawed.

There. Did I insult or show hatred for Obama? No. I spoke of the Obamacare program and its flaws.

I think you are confusing "disagreement" with "hatred." I mean think about it. Didn't Democrats disagree with Bush? Of course they did. Some hated him, but  not all. Same with Obama. You sound so sensitive about him, as if he will fall apart if someone disagrees with him. That's just silly. He is a big boy, just as Bush is.

Quoting MomTiara19:

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

And once again, Rush makes a great point.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

No chance at getting through to her, she is too personally invested in him.

Facts have no influence on her.

Quoting SallyMJ:

I think you are confusing "disagreement" with "hatred." I mean think about it. Didn't Democrats disagree with Bush? Of course they did. Some hated him, but  not all. Same with Obama. You sound so sensitive about him, as if he will fall apart if someone disagrees with him. That's just silly. He is a big boy, just as Bush is.

Quoting MomTiara19:

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Limpballs is so irrelevant to thinking people.
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Actually, he's great for many thinking people. You just don't like his ideology.

There are liberals who I don't agree with, but who I think are effective communicators.

Same with conservatives.

Quoting -Celestial-:

Limpballs is so irrelevant to thinking people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)