Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

FL police: 16-year old black man murdered 22-year old white man because he had a bad day

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

On Thursday, Clearwater Police arrested 16-year-old Mychal King for the alleged murder of Jason Taylor Paul. 

According to police, King admitted to killing Paul because he had a hard day and “just wanted to kill the first person he saw.” 

Paul was riding his bike home late when he was stabbed to death in January. He was 22-years old, working two jobs and saving to go to school to become a veterinary technician. 

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:16 PM
3 moms liked this

This is getting out of hand,  can this be tried as a hate crime?  No because the victim was not parat of a protected class.  I think ALL crimes are hate crimes and this one should be eligible for death by 10,000 cuts.  OOOHH  This makes me angry.

I am sorry for the mother of this murderer.  I choose to believe that she did not raise a child to murder.  God bless her and her family.

sarahjz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Wow.  I hope that isn't true.

littlesippycup
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

What a dumb kid. Hope he gets locked up for life.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I suspect the authorities will say NO on a hate crime,  because the assailant merely wanted to kill the first PERSON he saw.

If he had said first WHITE person,  different story.

IMO,  when someone murders anyone, they pretty much hate them. So in my book, any asssault, any murder, is a hate crime - it would be racist to say some are worse based on the color of someone's skin.

One murdered person is just as dead as another.

Quoting jobseeker:

This is getting out of hand,  can this be tried as a hate crime?  No because the victim was not parat of a protected class.  I think ALL crimes are hate crimes and this one should be eligible for death by 10,000 cuts.  OOOHH  This makes me angry.

I am sorry for the mother of this murderer.  I choose to believe that she did not raise a child to murder.  God bless her and her family.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

This was part of his confession to police. Sadly, it is true.

Quoting sarahjz:

Wow.  I hope that isn't true.

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Me too 

Quoting littlesippycup:

What a dumb kid. Hope he gets locked up for life.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM

There are no words..this is just so unbelievably senseless.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Agreed.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

There are no words..this is just so unbelievably senseless.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM
My thoughts are with the families of both parties. How awful!
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM
4 moms liked this
How old was TM...? Wasn't he 17? And in all stories I read about him, he is always described as "unarmed black teenager"..... why the difference in this case - " 16 year old black man". Just seems strange to me....

I, personally, feel this is a death penalty case - clearly no remorse. I see no way he can be rehabilitated and no reason his ass should sit in jail for life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN