Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama 'Appeared Isolated in St. Petersburg' at G20 Summit

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

Obama 'Appeared Isolated in St. Petersburg' at G20 Summit

Print ArticleSend a Tip

President Barack Obama "appeared isolated" in St. Petersburg, Russia on Friday at the Group of Twenty (G20) summit over his desire to launch a strike on Syria, Reuters reports.

Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin squared off during a 20-minute one-on-one talk Friday.

"We hear one another, and understand the arguments but we don't agree. I don't agree with his arguments, he doesn't agree with mine. But we hear them, try to analyze them," said Putin. 

China's Xi Jinping also stood with Putin in opposing Obama's desire to strike Syria, an action a majority of Americans do not support.

"A political solution is the only right way out for the Syrian crisis, and a military strike cannot solve the problem from the root," said Xi. "We expect certain countries to have a second thought before action."

Putin has challenged Obama's contention that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gassed 1,400 of his own people, claiming instead that the poison gas attack was the work of the rebels who want the U.S. to join them in a battle against Assad. 

Interactions between Obama and Putin were reportedly tense and come on the heels of Russia's hosting of National Security Agency (NSA) leaker Edward Snowden.

Obama also met with gay rights activists in an effort to demonstrate solidarity with Russian gay advocacy groups whose rights were weakened by a recent law Putin signed in July. However, according to Reuters, "some invitees declined to attend, citing what they said were repeated changes in the timing of the meeting." One gay rights activist "added her voice to warnings against a military strike in Syria." 

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Nobody would play with bHo because he is so wrong on his stance on Syria.  Even the Russian gays didn't back him.

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this

He had to sit at a table by himself at lunch. :-(

Putin probably put a "Kick me" sign on his back.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

rolling on floor 

Quoting motherslove82:

LAHnTAH0812
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM
"Putin has challenged Obama's contention that
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gassed 1,400
of his own people, claiming instead that the
poison gas attack was the work of the rebels
who want the U.S. to join them in a battle
against Assad."

Al-queada (that's spelled wrong but it's late and all words look a little strange right now), attacking groups of innocent people?

never.

Seriously, though, WTF is Obama thinking????
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM

laughing

Quoting 143myboys9496:

rolling on floor 

Quoting motherslove82:

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM

IMHO, we should stay out of Syria. Having said that, I could give 2 craps if Barry was "isolated". Shocking, that no one wants to lay in his bed full of shit and lies.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

After all that's been going on involving this administration, I don't find it surprising that he was isolated.  The rest of world is tired of the US's crap.  They don't want to be spied on and then be expected to back us up in time of war. 

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

On a side note, he is looking worn in that photo.  It always amazes me how much these men age while they are president.  

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

FINALLY!

O should have been isolated years ago.

We all would be better off.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

IMHO, we should stay out of Syria. Having said that, I could give 2 craps if Barry was "isolated". Shocking, that no one wants to lay in his bed full of shit and lies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)