Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Thinking about joining this group

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 145 Replies
1 mom liked this

But I thought I would post first.

I guess I will just say that I am a libertarian for the most part.  When it comes to social issues I am liberal.  I think that people should be taken care of before we go to war.  If we can't feed our homeless, take care of our needy or even give people affordable healthcare then we have no business trying to fight other countries wars and fix their problems with out money.  Which brings me to my next point.  I am a fiscal conservative.  Stop spending money on stupid stuff.  I am all for kicking people who abuse welfare and who are caught out of the program.  I also think that if you are on assistance then you should also be actively seeking ways to get off of it.  

I wasn't really for any of the politicians this last go round.  I voted for Obama mainly because I figured he was the least of the evils to choose from.  I really wish I hadn't though.  If anything I wish I would have voted for Gary Johnson.  I would have been all over John Huntsman if he had made it to the primaries.

All in all I am keeping up hope for America.  I think this place could be awesome.  we just have some kinks to work out.  Part of working them out is figuring out how to get everyone to work together instead of against one another.  I think that the left and the right both have great ideas.  Why not take the ideas from each side and use that? 

So yeah there is my intro.  Now to see the reactions to see if I will join :)

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM
6 moms liked this
This group is 90% exteme right wingers who spend most of their day trying out new ways to talk shit on anyone who doesn't literally think Obama is a Muslim, not born in the US, a secret Muslim Brotherhood member and trying to literally take down America. If you are entertained by reading the rantings if the insane then its a great group.
muslimah
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM
4 moms liked this

Most in this group including myself would agree with almost everything you are saying.

Let me warn you though. This is a great group of women and this is a very good group but when you are new to it they fuck with you so bad and give you so much shit. When I first joined I had to really go off on a few of them to the point that Cafe Mom was sending me messages telling that my replies were unacceptable.

After that I guess they got used to me or I passed their initiation or something because I get along well with those very same women now. There is allot of intelligence in this group and I have learned allot from the women here.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I know news and especially politics can get heated.  I like that.

Quoting muslimah:

Most in this group including myself would agree with almost everything you are saying.

Let me warn you though. This is a great group of women and this is a very good group but when you are new to it they fuck with you so bad and give you so much shit. When I first joined I had to really go off on a few of them to the point that Cafe Mom was sending me messages telling that my replies were unacceptable.

After that I guess they got used to me or I passed their initiation or something because I get along well with those very same women now. There is allot of intelligence in this group and I have learned allot from the women here.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

But why?  Both sides have their downfalls.  Why not talk about how to fix it instead of arguing like kids?

Quoting trippyhippy:

This group is 90% exteme right wingers who spend most of their day trying out new ways to talk shit on anyone who doesn't literally think Obama is a Muslim, not born in the US, a secret Muslim Brotherhood member and trying to literally take down America. If you are entertained by reading the rantings if the insane then its a great group.

muslimah
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Quoting trippyhippy:

I had that problem when I first joined. I am not liberal and I lean more to the conservative side although I don't associate myself with any one political party.

Myself as a Muslim and an off shoot of Muslim Brotherhood organizations are still trying to tell them that Obama is not one of us and we don't even like it to be thought that he is one of us. They don't agree with me. They are so convinced but we have a mutual respect for each other that we don't fight about it any more. We just accept that that we see things in a different light even though they are wrong lol.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM
5 moms liked this

The fact that you want to discuss ideas, and are not afraid of sparks flying, are all you need to enjoy discussing here.

As some have said, some people here don't even try to engage in a discussion. And people have all different perspectives. And some are ironic, which can be fun too.

I am a libertarian leaning conservative -  the libertarian part is new. You actually sound fairly libertarian fiscally AND socially, meaning you have similarities with almost everyone, since libertarianism cuts across ideologies. Used to be called "Classical Liberalism." And you go by the Constitution. Like Rand Paul.

Go for it, girl.  :)

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Well here is our first debate.  I am not a big Rand Paul fan.  While I like his ideas I just don't think he has the faculties to be in public office.  

Quoting SallyMJ:

The fact that you want to discuss ideas, and are not afraid of sparks flying, are all you need to enjoy discussing here.

As some have said, some people here don't even try to engage in a discussion. And people have all different perspectives. And some are ironic, which can be fun too.

I am a libertarian leaning conservative -  the libertarian part is new. You actually sound fairly libertarian fiscally AND socially, meaning you have similarities with almost everyone, since libertarianism cuts across ideologies. Used to be called "Classical Liberalism." And you go by the Constitution. Like Rand Paul.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Fair question. But you do agree he has the right to his opinion? Or only people who think exactly like you?

See, I believe in your right to an opinion, even though I disagree with some of what you, and some of what Rand Paul, have to say. People can govern according to the Constitution and still have disagreements on issues. God knows the Founders did, and that ratifying the Constitution was not easy.

If you can agree to disagree, you are fine here.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Well here is our first debate.  I am not a big Rand Paul fan.  While I like his ideas I just don't think he has the faculties to be in public office.  

Quoting SallyMJ:

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Really, is it?  You sound so familiar.

Pema_Jampa
Tuesday at 7:01 PM
DAFT PUNK MEDLEY - Jason Yang x John Schroeder

Daft Punk Medley - Get Lucky, Give Life Back to Music, Aerodynamic, Digital Love Jason Yang and John Schroeder feat. Cam Tyler SUBSCRIBE! http://full.sc/1cSy...

by 2HotTacoTini on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM
3 moms liked this

LOL! Hi there & Welcome! Best of luck to you in the viper pit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)