Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mark Levin blasts ‘French Republicans’ for surrendering Obamacare fight [AUDIO]

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

BY CHARLIE SPIERING | AUGUST 21, 2013 AT 10:05 AM 

Mark Levin delivered a fantastic monologue coming out of the gate today on Obamacare and the fact that Republicans have finally been forced by the American people to try and defund it.

He has a very simple way of explaining how to defund laws - this is hardly the first time in 230 years.

“These French Republicans — they’re always surrendering,” Levin noted, calling out the Republican leadership for attacking conservatives who want to defund Obamacare rather than President Obama and the left.

“I’m afraid we’re never going to get rid of it, because Republicans don’t want to get rid of it,” Levin said flatly.

Levin warned that Obamacare would never “implode” as predicted, but would wreak havoc with the economy and continue as planned.

Part of the problem, Levin noted, was that Republicans refused to risk taking a stand against President Obama — for fear that they would be blamed for shutting down the government.

Levin specifically named Sens. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., as well as Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and ridiculed them for their incompetence.

“I’ve never seen incompetent politics by these Republicans,” Levin said, calling them “mush-heads and marble-mouths” for failing to articulate the case for defunding the unpopular law.

“It’s worse than incompetence, it’s cowardly,” Hannity replied.

Levin said conservatives need to focus on electing candidates who support limited government at the local level and try to go "over their heads" and "around them" in Washington, D.C. He added that conservatives also needed to do "whatever we can do" to defeat them and, "it has to be done from the bottom up."  He noted that establishment Republicans probably "don't agree with a damn thing" he said on the show and blasted them for being "timid" and just wanting to manage things instead of restoring the principles of limited government he wrote about in his book. 

Like many in the Tea Party who revolted against President George W. Bush's fiscal policies, Levin mentioned that the most "profligate administration prior to this one was the one before it." "That did it for me," Levin said, of the belief that just electing Republicans would solve the country's problems.  "No, it doesn't work that way."

He said Washington essentially became a boomtown and federal spending went out of control even though Republicans controlled all three branches of government the last decade.  He expressed his frustration at Republicans who were timid in trying to defund Obamacare and suggested those Republicans should run as Democrats who want to increase Obamacare spending. 

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
29again
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

We need people like HIM in DC. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't be a French Republican. Might as well just be a Democrat.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh... I will be watching/listening to him.. I agree with EVERYTHING he is saying.   And I will throw this in..we need to get Obama out before he causes more damage..  I say GET RID of  any of the republicans that don't want to fight either..they're a waste of space (imo) getting a paycheck off of the taxpayers backs  for nothing. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:56 AM

BUMP!

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes we do.  There are several progressive republicans that need to go with the progressive democrats.  Obamacare is the death of America.

Quoting 29again:

We need people like HIM in DC. 

Minnow Slayer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN