Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Classical Drumming - This is awesome! [VIDEO]

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Loved this!!  How unusual and he was right on top of it..

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

He hit every single note! As if he were the entire orchestra.  :)

Some purists say they hate it, because real orchestras don't have drum kits. But I say, this young man has created his own version of "The Barber of Seville," - an opera, for God's sake! - and is likely turning people on to classical music who would never listen to regular orchestral music. As the disco-rhythm "Hooked on Classics" years ago created their own version of Beethoven's 5th Symphony (Duh duh duh DUH! Duh duh duh DUH!) 

And like how so many jazz singers have created their own versions of standards from the Great American Songbook. If anyone would have told me years ago that Rod Stewart from "Hot Legs" fame would win an entirely new audience with his half dozen albums of jazz standards - I would have said they were crazy. But it works remarkably well. He has said that he always has warmed up with these songs, not rock.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SallyMJ:

He hit every single note! As if he were the entire orchestra.  :)

Some purists say they hate it, because real orchestras don't have drum kits. But I say, this young man has created his own version of "The Barber of Seville," - an opera, for God's sake! - and is likely turning people on to classical music who would never listen to regular orchestral music. As the disco-rhythm "Hooked on Classics" years ago created their own version of Beethoven's 5th Symphony (Duh duh duh DUH! Duh duh duh DUH!) 

And like how so many jazz singers have created their own versions of standards from the Great American Songbook. If anyone would have told me years ago that Rod Stewart from "Hot Legs" fame would win an entirely new audience with his half dozen albums of jazz standards - I would have said they were crazy. But it works remarkably well. He has said that he always warmed up with these songs, not rock.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

This kid is going to go far.. I was very impressed..

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait til someone arranges a joint concert between that drummer and this guy:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM

OMG - That is fabulous! And the minor chord change is awesomely unexpected. Obviously, this guy and the drummer are both classically trained.  Amazing - thanks so much for sharing!

This next one is Frank Vignola's gypsy jazz guitar (aka hot jazz) arrangement of Beethoven's 5th Symphony and Mozart's Symphony 40 in G Minor. Awesome. Don't mind the cute guitar choreography. My cousin sees him all the time in upstate New York.

Quoting Clairwil:

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Clairwil:

That was AWESOME..I loved it !!!  

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SallyMJ:

OMG - That is fabulous! The whole thing is great - but the minor chord change is awesomely unexpected. Obviously, this guy and the drummer are both classically trained.  That is amazing - thanks so much for sharing!

This next one is Frank Vignola's gypsy jazz guitar (aka hot jazz) arrangement of Beethoven's 5th Symphony and Mozart's Symphony 40 in G Minor. Awesome. Don't mind the cute guitar choreography. My cousin sees him all the time in upstate New York.

Quoting Clairwil:

Wow..what talent.. I just love the idea that people come up with things like this.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

These make me Happy!  Thanks for posting ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)