Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What about freedom of religion?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 27 Replies

Or the freedom to not have a religion?

I noticed that people commented on the thread about the pastor speaking out against non Chrisitans that he had a right to his religious views and his freedom of speech.  I wonder what those same people would say about these states which do not allow Atheists to hold office.  Do they not have a right to their own thoughts, religious affiliation (or non affiliation) and freedom of speech?

Where Atheists Can’t Hold Office

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

An Atheist in office would make a hell of a lot more sense in regards to thought process. They are not going to govern from voices in the head. They will use back to basics thought and problem solving. There's no emotion and no chance of damnation if he didn't do it in their version of their gods way.

I live in Texas that big ol' embarrasing state.

29again
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

IF an atheist made it through the primaries, I would consider how/where he or she stood on the various issues per the Abigail Adams Project.  If his/her views lined up with mine, then I would certainly vote for that person.  Just like I do now. 

D-Town
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I generally don't care what their religious beliefs are as long as they don't govern according to them.

JustCJ
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Haha everyone knows politicians aren't really believers. That said, even if they did disclose their beliefs, I wouldn't vote based on them. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Red and Green.

Hey it's Christmas!

JanuaryBaby06
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

holy crap, thats terrible! im in pa, i wonder who i might beable to write or call.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Why would you want to call someone?

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

holy crap, thats terrible! im in pa, i wonder who i might beable to write or call.

sarahjz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Interesting. I had no idea...
JanuaryBaby06
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Um because they are the ones who have the power to change the situation. i've gotten letters, emails and calls back. ive also stopped by offices which in 5 occations lead to a sit down discussion.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM

My Bad.

Why do you want to change the situation? 

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Um because they are the ones who have the power to change the situation. i've gotten letters, emails and calls back. ive also stopped by offices which in 5 occations lead to a sit down discussion.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)