Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

We Need A 2016 Candidate Who Will Stand Up To Palin's "Asininity"

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Schmidt: We Need A 2016 Candidate Who Will Stand Up To Palin's "Asininity"

STEVE SCHMIDT, MCCAIN 2008 ADVISER: For the last couple of years, we've had this wing of the party running roughshod over the rest of the party, tossing out terms like RINO, saying we're going to purge the moderates out of the party, that, you know, it's all of the people that she's attacking in her statement. We've lost five U.S. Senate seats over the last two election cycles and fundamentally we need Republicans whether they're running for president, whether they're in the leadership of the Congress to stand up against a lot of this asininity. 

You finally see it with Ted Cruz, maybe he was the one that has gone a bridge too far. And as we come up against a potential default, potential government shutdown, wise people understand the political consequences for the Republican party. Maybe we'll start seeing our elected leaders stop being intimidated by this nonsense, have the nerve, have the guts to stand up and say enough is enough, this isn't what the Republican party's about. To fight to take conservatism's good name back from the freak show that's been running wild for four years and I have deep regret in my part, certainly, in initiating [it]. But it's time for Republicans to again embrace what made us successful in the past, which is a party that has solutions to the problems that face the country.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/09/23/schmidt_we_need_a_2016_candidate_who_will_stand_up_against_palins_asininity.html#ooid=dlcmx3ZTpvaWR2B4zjEQ2xKmrfwMO7Tf

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olson-hill
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM

not a republican, so perhaps we need a good liberal running circles around her. Moreover, frankly, just how hard is it to replace that limited brain wave?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Was that OP written by a Democrat?

Oh!  It's Steve Schmidt, who worked for McCain.

FIGURES.

Pretty much the same thing.

JustCJ
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol there are a lot of losers who vote for liberals. I mean look at the wonderful choice in a president.

Quoting olson-hill:

not a republican, so perhaps we need a good liberal running circles around her. Moreover, frankly, just how hard is it to replace that limited brain wave?

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I mean look at the wonderful choice in a president.  ~  it hasn't been fun going down the drain with him, I tella you.

Quoting JustCJ:

Lol there are a lot of losers who vote for liberals. I mean look at the wonderful choice in a president.

Quoting olson-hill:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this

That guy is a genius, I loved when his sage advice got McCain elected.

Wait.............

Quoting SallyMJ:

Was that OP written by a Democrat?

Oh!  It's Steve Schmidt, who worked for McCain.

FIGURES.

Pretty much the same thing.

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM

While I agree with him, He needs to shut up. He brought that louse into the mainstream. She's like a stray, feed her once and she stays.,

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Are you one of those that a strong Conservative woman scares you, or makes you feel badly at your smallness?

Hard to read someone from a single post

Quoting olson-hill:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Look at the Democratic base.

Losers

Parasites

Minorities

(some may fall into more than one group)

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting olson-hill:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM
4 moms liked this

So tell me about that War on Women, again. Sexists comment only a Democrat could make.

Conservative women really scare you, don't they? That damn First Amendment freedom of speech - liberty to some, scary cooties for others.

Quoting olson-hill:

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Look at the Democratic base.

Losers

Parasites

Minorities

(some may fall into more than one group)

Troll score : 6 / 10   - likely to get responded to

-- 

" everyone knows that coloreds are too lazy to fetch and cut up their own melon. "
-- Billiejeens, Feb. 21, 2013,
http://www.cafemom.com/group/115890/forums/read/18106845/_Plot_To_Kidnap_President_Using_Watermelon_As_Bait
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)