Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Liberal Bloggers Slamming Mitt Romney for his Grandson’s Name Completely Miss the Point

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 1 Replies

There’s dumb, there’s stupid, there’s ignorant and then there’s this.  Apparently some liberal bloggers have taken to attacking Mitt Romney, following the announcement of his 22nd grandchild welcomed into the family.

The child was adopted by his son Ben and daughter-in-law Andelynne.  So what’s the big deal, you ask?  Well the child happens to be black.  But that’s not really what a few liberal bloggers have decided to attack.  The child’s name is Kieran.  Again, why is that a big deal?  Well, apparently in Gaelic (a language still widely used on the planet, didn’t you know) Kieran means “black” or “dark.”

I mean, it’s an obvious attempt by Romney’s son to be a blatant racist toward his newly adopted child, right?

Are you kidding me with this?  First, I’m angry that I have to defend Mitt Romney because I personally can’t stand him and I believe he’s politically irrelevant at this point.  Second, it’s absolutely pathetic that these liberal bloggers have gone out of their way to find anything to try to bash the Romney family about.

Romney has proven himself to be a master of gaffes.  First of all I highly doubt Mitt chose the name for his grandson, but even if he did, so what? This is not a gaffe, and it damn sure isn’t blatant racism, which is what some of these bloggers and Twitter idiots seem to imply.

Never mentioned in these stories is the fact that this child now has a family who will love him.  And while you might completely loathe the Romneys, it’s indisputable that this child will be afforded opportunities in life he would have never had if Mitt Romney’s son never adopted him.

To imply that the child’s name is somehow racist or even just a “gaffe” is disgusting.  How disingenuous of a person must you be to reach so far as to turn the adoption of a child — something that should be celebrated — into a personal attack?

There are many things which Romney has done, and probably will still do, to levy political attacks against him.  If you want to attack his politics, his policies or his support of current Republican legislation you disagree with—by all means go right ahead.

But to go as far as to attack him and his family for the name chosen for their adopted grandson is simply deplorable.  Have we become so bitterly divided and cynical that we’ll sink to these levels?

Liberals should be above this.  And while I’m fully in support of attacking the character of a politician, their stance on policies or the asinine comments they might make—this is crossing the line.

From myself, and everyone here at Forward Progressives, I want to congratulate Mitt Romney and his whole family for the newest addition to their family, and apologize for the absurd attack levied by a few liberal bloggers.

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I was rather saddend by some of the things I've read about this. Come on people we are better than a fox news comments section.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)