Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Breaking News!

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 55 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erika9009
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
7 moms liked this

The government will not "close"

The checks still go out and all that for benefits.  The government "closed" as they say in the 90's too and we all survived and........

Did we really even notice in the 90's???

babyspots17
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM

My fingers are crossed it get approved when dh is home it messes up my whole day!

erika9009
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting babyspots17:

My fingers are crossed it get approved when dh is home it messes up my whole day!

How does this really affect you??? 

Your kids are still in school. You can still shop for food.

Just curious because the country did not explode when things "shut down" in the 90's

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

babyspots17
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Because if the government closes he does not go to WORK?!  We are luck though that he can take vacation leave as long as it doesn't last to long. 

You do realize that if the government shuts down then alot of people don't have work right?

Quoting erika9009:

Quoting babyspots17:

Just curious because the country did not explode when things "shut down" in the 90's

babyspots17
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM

School is state run, yes some money comes from federal programs but the teachers get paid by the state.

Grocery stores are usually owned by private companies they are federally owned what exactly are you not getting?

Quoting babyspots17:

Because if the government closes he does not go to WORK?!  We are luck though that he can take vacation leave as long as it doesn't last to long. 

You do realize that if the government shuts down then alot of people don't have work right?

Quoting erika9009:

Quoting babyspots17:

erika9009
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I'm aware of that, yes,

It is unfortunate that our congress cannot acutally do it's job.

Quoting babyspots17:

Quoting erika9009:

Quoting babyspots17:

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM
3 moms liked this

I like that, Mike Lee:

“This vote is not the end. It’s not even the beginning of the end. It’s the end of the beginning,” Mr. Lee said. “The American people will always have the final word.”

Rampgirl04
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm not a rich girl so I don't agree with most of the Republican views but I actually am in support of the Republicans ideas on this one. Should they decide to shut down the government I'm actually all for it. I am 100% against this whole Obamacare crap and I hope they can STOP IT!

I don't see anything good coming out of that subject that I just brought up which is Obamacare. For example, I'm unemployed right now and absolutely desperate to get a job right now and obviously we know that instead of employers hiring they will continue to cutback on hiring because of that crap. So this time I'm going to say GO REPUBLICANS GO. Please do the right thing and stop this crap that's being forced on the rest of us.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Do you think someone has to be rich to be a republican ?

Quoting Rampgirl04:

I'm not a rich girl so I don't agree with most of the Republican views but I actually am in support of the Republicans ideas on this one. Should they decide to shut down the government I'm actually all for it. I am 100% against this whole Obamacare crap and I hope they can STOP IT!

I don't see anything good coming out of that subject that I just brought up which is Obamacare. For example, I'm unemployed right now and absolutely desperate to get a job right now and obviously we know that instead of employers hiring they will continue to cutback on hiring because of that crap. So this time I'm going to say GO REPUBLICANS GO. Please do the right thing and stop this crap that's being forced on the rest of us.

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM
4 moms liked this

From what I can tell, the House GOP has no strategy whatsoever.

Boehner is so fucked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)