Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hip Obamacare Ad Campaign Now Looking for a Few Good.....Marching Bands

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

Remember the recent Obamacare promotional ads in Oregon? The ones that reach hard for musical hipness?

Now the agency is after an altogether different kind of musical group to get its message out.

High school marching bands.

That’s right. It’s looking for bands to play the pro-Affordable Care Act anthem in a contest aimed at bringing more attention to the government-funded health care exchange, according to the Northwest Watchdog.

Oregons Hip Obamacare Ad Campaign Now Looking for High School Marching Bands

(Credit: CoverOregon.com)

The prize? A chance to play their instruments at the Oregon-Oregon State game in November. All the bands have to do is “play one of our songs, record it on video and the winning high school band will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Eugene to play at the ‘Civil War’ pre-game celebration,” the contest announcement says.

There are five videos of songs bands can choose from, and sheet music and MP3s are ready for downloading in preparation for the Nov. 1 submission deadline.

Oregons Hip Obamacare Ad Campaign Now Looking for High School Marching Bands

(Credit: CoverOregon.com)

“Cover Oregon,” the state’s campaign to raise awareness of the Affordable Care Act and state health insurance exchange, has been investing in song to spread its message. According to the Washington Post, the campaign’s ads featuring musical artists and hipsters are the product of a $3 million contract with Portland-based advertising agency North.

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Obama is spending $700M of the taxpayers' money to promote the abomination known as Obamacare.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM

So they get to choose from five leftist, big government, pro-Obama songs.

Why not that song the little Hitler-Youth-esque girl sang for Hitler's Obama's 2008 campaign.

Remember? Just 5 years ago? "Obama's gonna change it, Obama's gonna lead 'em."

sidesplittinglaughter

O negotiates with people he shouldn't negotiate with. He does crap he shouldn't do, that is NOT in his job description.

Yet he can't even do the basics of the job. Like negotiate with Congress. The only reason the Debt Ceiling negotiations were done, is because he delegated it to Joe Biden - yes, Joe Biden. Because he can't negotiate to save his life. And as a former assistant Neera Tanden said, “The truth is, Obama doesn’t call anyone, and he’s not close to almost anyone. It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people. My analogy is that it’s like becoming Bill Gates without liking computers.”    

I suggest he roll out Crazy Uncle Joe again, and give him this negotiation job. Joe's a hell of a lot better negotiator than O ever will be. THAT'S one of the reasons he was not and is not ready to be president. He loves the limelight, he loves giving teleprompter speeches, but he can't WORK WITH PEOPLE other than terrorists and despots, or make a decision to save his life. Or ours.

Negotiation is an interpersonal skill that can be developed. It is NOT refusing to flex or trying to force your own will on others. It's called COOPERATION. 

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/former-aide-obama-stunning-he-s-politics-because-he-really-doesn-t-people_654636.html

29again
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Obama is spending $700M of the taxpayers' money to promote the abomination known as Obamacare.

So, just for laughs, is that better than spending $700M promoting American caviar?  Or building a skylight for a liquor store? 

simple smile

Can you tell me why I feel a bit nauseous now?

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Sally, dear, you're ranting again and going off topic.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Why not that song the little Hitler-Youth-esque girl sang for Hitler's Obama's 2008 campaign.

sidesplittinglaughter

O negotiates with people he shouldn't negotiate with. He does crap he shouldn't do, that is NOT in his job description.

Yet he can't even do the basics of the job. Like negotiate with Congress. The only reason the Debt Ceiling negotiations were done, is because he delegated it to Joe Biden - yes, Joe Biden. Because he can't negotiate to save his life. And as a former assistant Neera Tanden said, “The truth is, Obama doesn’t call anyone, and he’s not close to almost anyone. It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people. My analogy is that it’s like becoming Bill Gates without liking computers.”    

I suggest he roll out Crazy Uncle Joe again, and give him this negotiation job. Joe's a hell of a lot better negotiator than O ever will be. THAT'S one of the reasons he was not and is not ready to be president. He loves the limelight, he loves giving teleprompter speeches, but he can't WORK WITH PEOPLE other than terrorists and despots, or make a decision to save his life. Or ours.

Negotiation is an interpersonal skill that can be developed. It is NOT refusing to flex or trying to force your own will on others. It's called COOPERATION. 

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/former-aide-obama-stunning-he-s-politics-because-he-really-doesn-t-people_654636.html

grandma B

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Some may say so.

I say everything is connected.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting SallyMJ:

sidesplittinglaughter

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Only in your mind, Sally.  The topic is the hundreds of millions Obama is spending to promote Obamacare, not his refusal to negotiate with Congress on the debt ceiling.  Nor does it have anything to do with Joe Biden.  One does not lead to the other.  They are two totally different topics.  Try as you might, you can't spin one into the other.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Some may say so.

I say everything is connected.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting SallyMJ:

sidesplittinglaughter

grandma B

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM

This is all I can think of:

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Love it.  LOL

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

This is all I can think of:

rebeccab1966
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Well, at least Obama got in a good round of golf yesterday during the Government shut-down/Obamacare fight.  He's the OJ Simpson of presidents.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I just listened to all but one song (which hasn't been posted yet) and I didn't hear any leftist music.  What I did hear music that was saying how proud people are for being Oregonians and living happy, healthy and free.  

If you want to make fun of that go right ahead I guess.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN