Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Government is now "Shut down"

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 47 Replies

its Midnight on the East Coast so techialy the Government is shut down

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kailu1835
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Color me surprised.
29again
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

After the House sent over 4 bills to the Senate...........  4 of them. 

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Right, how are you??

Quoting kailu1835:

Color me surprised.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM
A little exhausted due to my kids pushing every button and me UNpushing them, but otherwise good! You?

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Right, how are you??

Quoting kailu1835:

Color me surprised.

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM

The house was trying to save face, BOTH houses of Congress shoud be ashamed, if we can make little kids get along why cant they get along???

Quoting 29again:

After the House sent over 4 bills to the Senate...........  4 of them. 

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Fairly good tired but hey, having the kids in Private School has helped BOTH of the soooo much its like a 180 for them

Quoting kailu1835:

A little exhausted due to my kids pushing every button and me UNpushing them, but otherwise good! You?

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Right, how are you??

Quoting kailu1835:

Color me surprised.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I would LOVE to be able to afford private school for my kids. That's my goal. I'm homeschooling one with the help of a supplement program through the public school system, so that's extra work, bit so far it seems to be helping him. So that's good :)

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Fairly good tired but hey, having the kids in Private School has helped BOTH of the soooo much its like a 180 for them

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Right, how are you??

Quoting kailu1835:

Color me surprised.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM
4 moms liked this

Harry Reid is now making the announcement, and of course ranting about the House being taken over by the Tea Party anarchists.  Then he said, the Republicans are obsessed with embarrassing the president then accused the Republicans of losing their minds.  This man is evil and has very few marbles left.

The House had caved on defunding Obamacare.  Instead, they wanted a one year delay in the individual mandate and stripped the Congress exemption.  These are hardly outrageous conditions.

But as is usual with Obama, if he can't have his way, he throws temper tantrums and he'll take his toys and go home.

Sat.Wed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Oh i know it is not cheap I live on a VERY VERY TIGHT budget because I have 2 of them in school

Quoting kailu1835:

I would LOVE to be able to afford private school for my kids. That's my goal. I'm homeschooling one with the help of a supplement program through the public school system, so that's extra work, bit so far it seems to be helping him. So that's good :)

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Right, how are you??

Quoting kailu1835:

Color me surprised.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly.  The republicans did bend and the delay they were asking for was not unreasonable at all.  It's the dems that wouldn't budge this time. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Harry Reid is now making the announcement, and of course ranting about the House being taken over by the Tea Party anarchists.  Then he said, the Republicans are obsessed with embarrassing the president then accused the Republicans of losing their minds.  This man is evil and has very few marbles left.

The House had caved on defunding Obamacare.  Instead, they wanted a one year delay in the individual mandate and stripped the Congress exemption.  These are hardly outrageous conditions.

But as is usual with Obama, if he can't have his way, he throws temper tantrums and he'll take his toys and go home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)