Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mark Levin Explodes: ‘You Lay One Damn Hand on One of Those World War II Vets

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Eds
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mark Levin Explodes: ‘You Lay One Damn Hand on One of Those World War II Vets…and I’ll Bring Half a Million People’ to the Memorial

Conservative radio host Mark Levin was “stewing” on Wednesday thinking about the Obama administration’s efforts to block veterans from visiting the World War II memorial in Washington, D.C. during the government shutdown — and he wasn’t shy about letting everyone know.

“I want to say this loud and clear to the people on Capitol Hill who are listening, to this administration,” Levin said on his radio program. “You lay one damn hand on one of those World War II vets at that memorial and I’ll bring half a million people to that damn memorial! You got that?!”

AUDEO::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbqUyobrU7o#action=share

Levin went on to accuse the White House of playing “damn games” during the partial government shutdown.

“You’ll ignite a movement in this country like you’ve never seen before! The biker patriot army – veterans from all over the country, every single war and battle in this country, Republican, Democrat, Independent, whatever!” he warned.

The radio host didn’t let up, reminding everyone that the WWII heroes are in their 80s and 90s. “I’ll be damned if this president or anybody else is going to shut down that WWII memorial,” he added.

Levin continued, reiterating his warning: “So let me repeat! You lay one hand on one of those men and arrest them for going to their memorial, which they fought for, which was not paid by you dammit, it was paid by the American people – we will come out of every town and city in this nation! We will come out of every county. And both coasts! Both borders! And we will march on Washington against your tyranny!”

Levin may not have to follow through on his threat as the National Park Service has apparently decided to allow veterans to visit the WWII memorial going forward.

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Oh good Gawd.
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM
4 moms liked this

I think it was ridiculous to block these veterans.  Glad they decided to let them visit.  At their age, they may not get another chance to go there. 

angelachristine
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM

This guy doesn't sound like someone I would agree with on most things but on this issue I do agree. They earned that memorial and should not be stopped from visiting it! Also like has been mentioned before a lot of the vets are getting on in years (my grandpa was a ww2 vet and passed several years ago)  and may not have another chance to go. 

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Oh, Joe Biden.....

Vice President Joe Biden is proud of the National Park Service ranger who stood up to Rep. Randy Neugebauer at the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.

On Thursday, video surfaced online of Neugebauer, a Texas Republican, angrily lecturing the ranger for setting up barricades to the memorial.

"I'm proud of you," Biden said, according to his office's Twitter account, revealing that the vice president had called the ranger to thank her for her service.

Neugebauer told the ranger that the Park Service should be "ashamed" for blocking access to the memorial.

“I’m not ashamed,” the ranger replied.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rocketracer:

Oh, Joe Biden.....

Vice President Joe Biden is proud of the National Park Service ranger who stood up to Rep. Randy Neugebauer at the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.

On Thursday, video surfaced online of Neugebauer, a Texas Republican, angrily lecturing the ranger for setting up barricades to the memorial.

"I'm proud of you," Biden said, according to his office's Twitter account, revealing that the vice president had called the ranger to thank her for her service.

Neugebauer told the ranger that the Park Service should be "ashamed" for blocking access to the memorial.

What kind of ranger replies like that.  She obviously needs a history lesson to see what these vets did for our country.  Shameful....

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Someone posted this in CE&HT and so far 100% of the replies are behind the park ranger. SMH

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting rocketracer:

Oh, Joe Biden.....

What kind of ranger replies like that.  She obviously needs a history lesson to see what these vets did for our country.  Shameful....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Wow.  I'm really hoping the ones behind her are all too young to personally know and understand what these vets went through.  My uncle was in the active fighting and saw things that were horrible.  He would still cry when he talked about them up until he died a few years ago.  My father was drafted out high school to go to war.  When he was on the ship to Japan, the war ended so he only had to go in for clean up but he still had to sacrifice a part of his youth for that.  Those men did a great service for our country and they shouldn't be disrespected by a the likes of that ranger, our govt, and the ones supporting it all. 

Quoting DSamuels:

Someone posted this in CE&HT and so far 100% of the replies are behind the park ranger. SMH

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting rocketracer:

Oh, Joe Biden.....

mlg1989
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I think it is sad they wont let the vets visit. I mean they served our country and are heroes. They deserve to look and visit a memorial, it might be their only chance to. Its not like they are trashing the place.
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Listen to him, you might be surprised. (As I was.)

I didn't realize myself how smart he is until a few months ago! I had heard of him for years, but had always been distracted on superficial things like the nasal quality of his voice, how he doesn't have guests, isn't as entertaining as some, and how he doesn't look anything like how I had imagined. And I hadn't heard anyone calling someone a "dope" since grade school. (OMG, such important issues to focus on, Sally!)

Mark Levin is brilliant - I think he's a Constitutional law professor. Everything he talks about is in relation to the Constitution and the rule of law. Fascinating. He wins a prize for his phrase meaning Establishment GOP members - the "French Republicans." Classic.

Seriously. I didn't used to like him before I knew much about him.

Quoting angelachristine:

This guy doesn't sound like someone I would agree with on most things but on this issue I do agree. They earned that memorial and should not be stopped from visiting it! Also like has been mentioned before a lot of the vets are getting on in years (my grandpa was a ww2 vet and passed several years ago)  and may not have another chance to go. 

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
He tells like exactly like he sees it and doesn't care who it offends. I like him!

Quoting SallyMJ:

Listen to him, you might be surprised. (As I was.)

I didn't realize myself how smart he is until a few months ago! I had heard of him for years, but had always been distracted on superficial things like the nasal quality of his voice, how he doesn't have guests, isn't as entertaining as some, and how he doesn't look anything like how I had imagined. And I hadn't heard anyone calling someone a "dope" since grade school. (OMG, such important issues to focus on, Sally!)

Mark Levin is brilliant - I think he's a Constitutional law professor. Everything he talks about is in relation to the Constitution and the rule of law. Fascinating. He wins a prize for his phrase meaning Establishment GOP members - the "French Republicans." Classic.

Seriously. I didn't used to like him before I knew much about him.

Quoting angelachristine:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)