Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hot Mic on Senate Floor Reveals Which Party Really Wants to Negotiate - Which side do you wish would compromise more?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 101 Replies

Hot Mic on Senate Floor Reveals Which Party Really Wants to Negotiate (VIDEO)

by Jenny Erikson

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senator Rand Paul were caught on an open mic this week discussing strategy for ending the government shutdown. The Kentucky Republicans talked about their messaging verses the Democrats, and how they think they’ll “win” this.

Paul tells McConnell in between media interviews, “I just did CNN and I just go over and over again ‘we’re willing to compromise. We’re willing to negotiate … I don’t think they (Democrats) poll tested ‘we won’t negotiate.’ I think it’s awful for them to say that over and over again.”

McConnell responded:

“Yeah, I do too and I — and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them and that, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publicly.”

Paul went on:

“I think if we keep saying, ‘We wanted to defund it (Obamacare), we fought for that’ and that we’re willing to compromise on this, I think…  We’re gonna win this, I think.”

So there you have it. Behind the scenes footage of Republicans saying they want to compromise, and confirmation that the Democrats are saying the same thing behind closed doors as they are in front of the camera: They are absolutely unwilling to compromise.

Which side do you wish would compromise more?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM

honestly, they are all abunch of fools.  It is all a game to them,pointing fingers, blaming each other all while nothing is getting done:/  It really is shameful how this country is not working:/  The saddest part is we are going all ovber the world trying to tell other people what to do and cannot get our own crap together:/  Neither side is going to compromise, they both are lying, they want what they want and then spin abunch of lies to the American people, who have taken sides.  While we fight amungst each other they continue to do absolutely nothing:/

SherryBerry106
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Well the Democrats would have to offer some compromise to then be able to compomise "more"

So the Democrats need to compomise - or keep the Government Shut Down.

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM
4 moms liked this

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/27/17-ways-the-gop-debt-ceiling-bill-will-destroy-america/

What compromise...defund or delay Obamacare?That is not a compromise that is a demand.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Republicans. Obamacare is the law of the land. They need to change their diapers and get to work.

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

The side that doesn't want to negotiate more, OBVIOUSLY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

susan115
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I have to say, I live in the great state of Ct, not one representative from this state voted for the (1) of the (8) smalls bills that would fund the government furoughled workers.  They ALL voted "NO" for the other 7, which is WIC, Veterans, state and federal parks, etc.  This is LIBERALS at work.  With these small 8 bills, the ONLY one the voted for was their government UNION workers, not the average citizen.  So, the democrats have reason to compromise.  Now, I would of said they were principaled if they voted "NO" on all 8, but they DIDN'T.  This goes to show you who they think they work for and it is you, the average American citizen.

sarahjz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I'm not sure that revealed much...lol.
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM
8 moms liked this

That is exactly what democrats said about slavery in 1860.  

Quoting -Celestial-:

Republicans. Obamacare is the law of the land. They need to change their diapers and get to work.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Well if this news article is telling the truth and not skewing it seems to me that the Dems need to put their big girl panties of negotiating on and learn to compromise.  

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Republicans have been sitting at the negotiating table for weeks. They've been asking the Dems to dance for weeks. They are already compromising.

The Dems are AWOL, and are wallflowers sitting on the folding chairs against the wall. They need to get on the dance floor.

It takes two to tango, or in this case, three.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)