Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Democrats Really Care About

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 63 Replies

October 6, 2013

By Tom Trinko

We know Obama loves the poor because he's been hell-bent on making more of them since the day he was elected.  All of Obama's policies have been about increasing government power, and none of them have been about helping Americans get jobs.

Even though the only product of Obama's economic policies has been a massive increase in poverty and dependency in America, Obama continues to either demand more of the same or ignore any attempt to bring those the Obama economy pushed into poverty back into the American economic mainstream.  With real unemployment running at 14%, Obama is telling us how great the recovery is.

To understand what motivates Obama, it's important to understand a critical aspect of liberalism: liberals are all about a will for power, not about caring for the poor.

A key core attribute of most liberals is a sense of smug superiority:

• Atheist liberals believe they are better than those fools who believe in God.
  • Liberals who give little of their own money to charity believe they are better than Christians who sacrifice to help the poor.
  • Liberals who have no children believe they know better how to raise children than do families who actually have children.
  • Racist liberals believe that they are better than blacks, which is why white liberals believe they can define who is authentically black.
  • Liberals who've never run a business or created a job believe they know better than American businessmen how to run a business

Like all those who think of themselves as superior but are not, liberals feel that they have the right to dictate how everyone else lives.  They truly believe that the nanny state is the right approach because the benighted folk who cling to their guns and religion in flyover country can't manage their lives without the benevolent guidance of liberal elites.

Unfortunately, from the liberal perspective, people generally don't like to be told how to live their lives by pompous elitists.  People yearn to be free to make their own successes and failures.

The liberal solution to this "problem" is to make people dependent on liberals.  A man who believes that the government is all that stands between his family and hunger or being beaten to death by a racist Southerner will be much more willing to vote for those who would enslave him than a man who knows he can, through his hard work, keep his family prosperous.

We can tell that liberals don't really care about the poor because if they did, they'd be trying to alleviate poverty rather than just ensuring that the poor don't starve to death.

With real unemployment running at insanely high levels, liberals are only concerned with increasing the already bloated welfare system.  Nothing liberals are even claiming to do is designed to get America back to work.  Instead, liberals are working hard to ensure that the dependent can live a comfortable lifestyle,including cable TV, while simultaneously making sure that the dependent know that voting for conservatives will result in starvation.

When Obama took office, instead of trying to stop the "Great Recession," he moved to vastly increase the national debt and the size of the federal government through his "shovel-ready" Chicago-style payoff for those who supported his election.

Even though that effort failed miserably, instead of trying something different, Obama's primary objective in his first term was a massive government takeover of the health care system.  Once the government controls your health care, it will have a very real life-and-death lever -- support liberals, or the death panels will decide you're too fat or have too many kids or don't eat right to get the medical care you need.

Obama and his backers always respond to his miserable economic track record by saying that if it weren't for his paying off his cronies with the stimulus, things would be worse.  Of course, this is an unprovable statement.  When that doesn't work, Obama blames others for thwarting him and declares his care for the downtrodden.

The reality is that from their actions, we can see that liberals don't care for the poor.

Obama's policies all increase the cost of doing business and add huge amounts of uncertainty to the business world, which simple common sense indicates will increase unemployment.  But instead of worrying about that, Obama works hard to generate class envy and blame the "rich" for everything.  If he cared about the unemployed, he'd be working to unleash the private sector and enlist the "rich" to help get jobs.  But given that his real objective is political power, keeping people out of work and dependent and demonizing the "rich" makes total sense.

Black unemployment is twice that of whites.  Yet not only do liberals refuse to try to improve the black inner-city schools so that blacks have a fighting chance of using their talents to support themselves, but they actually work to ensure that public education stays bad. 

Obama ended a school choice program that disproportionately helped blacks in D.C., and Obama's administration is suing Louisiana to end a school voucher program that is primarily helping poor blacks.  Any competition would result in the public schools having to improve, but if they do, then there will be fewer dependent people, and that is bad for Obama.  Obama proves he cares more about power than about the poor when he works to ensure that the public schools in poor areas remain horrible.

Even Obama is now admitting that ObamaCare raises taxes -- giving more power to the government, but doing nothing to reduce unemployment.  But if Obama's objective is to increase dependency, ObamaCare makes perfect sense: by dramatically increasing the cost of medical insurance, ObamaCare is going to make it impossible for millions of Americans to buy their own insurance, thereby creating a whole new class of dependents who will tend to support liberals.

For years, Republicans have let their civility cost them the debate.  While Democrats go for the throat and accuse Republicans of being Nazis, Republicans have refrained from pointing out that a key modern-day Democrat senator was a paid recruiter for the KKK. 

When Republicans tell the American people that liberals are well-intentioned but their solutions don't work, we've already handed the people who support killing unborn girls because they're girls and eliminating religious freedom a huge victory.

We've changed the debate from "do you want anti-Christian far-left radicals to run your life" to "We think that these well-intentioned people just don't have the right solution." 

Back in the days of JFK and Hubert Humphrey, many Democrats were well-intentioned.  But modern Democrats are all about getting power, hence why Reid's off-the-cuff wondering why he would bother to help kids with cancer.

That's really the position of the Democrats in a nutshell: whatever benefits us is good, and that's all that matters.

We've seen how effective Democrats and the MSM have been in tarnishing the Republican brand with lies, so imagine what we can do with truth on our side.

We need to point out that the Democrats are in the business of making and feeding the poor, not helping them.

We need to get people talking about how racist Democrats are -- oppressing blacks by keeping inner-city schools hell-holes with success rates that would never be tolerated in white schools.  No more about how Republicans opposing Obamaphones are racist.

No more Mr. Nice Guy.  It's time for Republicans to stop being dishonest about who Democrats really are.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
3 moms liked this
lmao@ Republicans having civility

I was rolling my eyes up until that point, then I snorted and had to laugh. That writer has little concept of word usage.
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:46 AM
10 moms liked this

You mean because liberals are so amazingly civil to conservatives, is that it?

I think it's ironic that libs always claim how tolerant they are - and they are by far the most spiteful toward those they disagree with.

So I can't see the "tolerance" in the "tolerant" members of the "tolerant" party. Don't you think if libs indeed are so incredibly "tolerant," that the allegedly "intolerant" people would see their superb example and would be bowled over by their kindness? But I  have most been bowled over by libs' contemptuousness, not kindness, their racist views that black conservatives are not "real blacks" and should be ridiculed, that conservatives should be disdained for their faith, and for owning a gun - "bitter clingers" in Obama's terms. for not getting involved in drugs, or standing up to their own values even if others do.

I wish they cared about people not like them, and were eager to learn how conservatives speak, but they are not.

Quoting bellawomen:

lmao@ Republicans having civility

I was rolling my eyes up until that point, then I snorted and had to laugh. That writer has little concept of word usage.

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:16 AM

bump

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Where did I say the liberals were civil?   Do I find them more civil - yes.  but not civil.

I hate the word tolerent.  It is a bullshit word.  I like the word accepting.  What you see as spiteful I see as passionate in some cases.  Yes, there are some jerks among us all, but they do not define everyone.  Just like Rush Limbaugh doesn't represent all of conservatives.  He just has a louder voice and a platform.

I have NEVER heard of anyone claiming that black conservatives are not "real blacks" as you put it.  I don't even know how to respond to that.  Are conservative stances less common in the black community?  Maybe.  That doesn't make them not real.  I am guessing that is what you are speaking about?

What should liberals know about "how conservatives speak"?  If it is anything like the writing you just posted, there is no wonder why people are turned away.

Quoting SallyMJ:

You mean because liberals are so amazingly civil to conservatives, is that it?

I think it's ironic that libs always claim how tolerant they are - and they are by far the most spiteful toward those they disagree with.

So I can't see the "tolerance" in the "tolerant" members of the "tolerant" party. Don't you think if libs indeed are so incredibly "tolerant," that the allegedly "intolerant" people would see their superb example and would be bowled over by their kindness? But I  have most been bowled over by libs' contemptuousness, not kindness, their racist views that black conservatives are not "real blacks" and should be ridiculed, that conservatives should be disdained for their faith, and for owning a gun - "bitter clingers" in Obama's terms. for not getting involved in drugs, or standing up to their own values even if others do.

I wish they cared about people not like them, and were eager to learn how conservatives speak, but they are not.

JustCJ
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

BUMP!

Ednarooni160
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Point is..where are the jobs?  You (general you) NEED jobs..to pay for all of these programs for people who actually need them.  I'm betting because of the job loss many people are forced to go on these and are doing so reluctantly and they CAN'T find jobs..then you have those who went on and decided it was easier to stay on them  than lift a finger at getting back to work..and then yoiu have the "I don't care..just give me money and food"..who can't look passed what's going on in their lives for the day..  And don't get me started on "surfur" guy.  We need JOBS..and I agree with this article..JOBS is what people need..not hand outs..not unless they medically, and/or whatever need them as a stepping stone to get back to the "real" world...and the real world is hard work which betters ones self and family.  I do wonder why LESS attention is being put on getting people back to work..and now Obama care with businesses downsizing..surely SOMEONE who wrote  the ACA up knew what probably would come from that.  We are suppose to think that "brainy" people wrote it, and yet here we are..so WHY?  Why are we here like this today...with higher premiums..didn't anyone think the insurances would get on board and do something about it.. And now the working class is going to have to pay fines if they can't afford it..or don't want it..  Something smells.  NO job making priorities, ads for getting foodstamps, etc, offering weflare to illegals and some states saying they can practice law..no closed borders but he's fast to want to help fight terrorism..even if it's with questionable rebels.. Yea..something is not right..

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM
4 moms liked this

Even the time it took me to realize this was a waste of my time was a waste of my time.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM

More partisan BS.  Ugh Sally come on lady!  I know you are smarter than all of this.  You have shown that time and time again but then you post stuff like this!  

Instead of trying to villify the left and constantly bringing yourself down to the level of those who villify the right why not work towards a resolution or a plan on how to fix things with the way it is now?  That would be way more productive than this BS.

X_Patriot_Mom_X
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

All i can say is "point your finger at the wall and how many fingers are pointing back at you" (that should be 3 fingers when your close your hand making a fist while pointing a finger at the wall). While we can sit here and point fingers back and forth all day that doesn't resolve what needs to be fix PERIOD. We need to come together but the problem really is the fact that both sides of the aisle seem to think they are above WE THE PEOPLE OF THESE UNITED STATES. They WORK FOR US. not the other way around. They have grown a little to big for their britches and we've allowed it. always saying "Im drawing a line in the sand do not cross it!!" then its crossed so people turn around and say "ok im serious this time! serious! DO NOT CROSS THIS LINE!!" and its crossed again. AMERICANS HAVE BECOME COMPLACENT!! We have always said "ok well this doesnt affect me in anyway so why do i care" we are so wrapped up in what little piece of the pie we have gotten our selves that we choose not to see what is slowly happening to our country. It takes two to tango as the old saying goes in any relationship. If the relationship fails miserably its due to both parties. The problem is they cant look themselves in the mirror and get down to the bare nuts and bolts of their faults.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I like you.  about time a voice of reason comes in here.  Now I don't feel all alone lol.

Quoting X_Patriot_Mom_X:

All i can say is "point your finger at the wall and how many fingers are pointing back at you" (that should be 3 fingers when your close your hand making a fist while pointing a finger at the wall). While we can sit here and point fingers back and forth all day that doesn't resolve what needs to be fix PERIOD. We need to come together but the problem really is the fact that both sides of the aisle seem to think they are above WE THE PEOPLE OF THESE UNITED STATES. They WORK FOR US. not the other way around. They have grown a little to big for their britches and we've allowed it. always saying "Im drawing a line in the sand do not cross it!!" then its crossed so people turn around and say "ok im serious this time! serious! DO NOT CROSS THIS LINE!!" and its crossed again. AMERICANS HAVE BECOME COMPLACENT!! We have always said "ok well this doesnt affect me in anyway so why do i care" we are so wrapped up in what little piece of the pie we have gotten our selves that we choose not to see what is slowly happening to our country. It takes two to tango as the old saying goes in any relationship. If the relationship fails miserably its due to both parties. The problem is they cant look themselves in the mirror and get down to the bare nuts and bolts of their faults.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)