Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

You May Be Stunned to Find Out Who Students at Liberal University Blame for Gov’t Shutdown

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Eds
  • 56 Replies

You May Be Stunned to Find Out Who Students at Liberal University Blame for Gov’t Shutdown

Students at the notoriously liberal University of Colorado — Boulder overwhelmingly blamed President Barack Obama and the Democrats for the shutdown of the federal government in a new video uploaded to YouTube on Wednesday.

The video features Caleb Bonham, a reporter for college news website Campus Reform, asking students who is to blame for the shutdown, now entering it’s second week.

Watch the video, courtesy of Campus Reform:

Most students appeared to place blame on the Democratic leadership.

“He’s [Obama] just being really stubborn, not willing to negotiate at all, not taking any ideas from anyone else, it’s either his way or the highway and apparently we got to shutdown the government because of that,” one student told Campus Reform.

“I have to go with the Democrats on this one,” another student told Bonham.

“Obamacare is stupid. You shouldn’t be required to have health care,” said yet another student.

At one point, Bonham appeared stunned most students, at what he called the “dependently liberal town,” were overwhelmingly blaming Democrats.

“Wow,” he remarked in the video.

Follow Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) on Twitter

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM
5 moms liked this

That is surprising.

But then again, not.

They took the survey/poll 7 days into the shutdown. If they had done it just a few days earlier,  people may have mostly said the GOP was at fault.

But the more the Obama administration and the Dems show they are trying to make the American people hurt - people are realizing that the Pres and Dems are really the ones who could have prevented the shutdown and did not.

I have hope yet for our young people - at least in the great state of Colorado.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I have been saying it for a while now but everybody from the President down to the lowest Senator and Representative are to blame.  More and more people are starting to realize that.  Too bad some of the people in this group can't seem to get that through their heads.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

I have been saying it for a while now but everybody from the President down to the lowest Senator and Representative are to blame.  More and more people are starting to realize that.  Too bad some of the people in this group can't seem to get that through their heads.

It's a really stupid position.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM
7 moms liked this

To bad the mainstream media doesn't realize that and won't stop being a mouth piece that constantly spews talking points of the current administration.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Fox News and other Conservative sites and news sources should do the same when spewing the talking points of the right.  Both sides need to shut up and get to work.

Quoting rocketracer:

To bad the mainstream media doesn't realize that and won't stop being a mouth piece that constantly spews talking points of the current administration.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Must have touched a little nerve....w/out other news sources other points of views wouldn't be discussed.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Fox News and other Conservative sites and news sources should do the same when spewing the talking points of the right.  Both sides need to shut up and get to work.

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

No you didn't touch a nerve.  I just think that media as a whole right now is doing more damage than good.  Fox, MSNBC, CNN and all of the other media outlets out there are telling half truths or fabricating stories to stir up emotion.  I don't see that as right at all and it is definitely unethical when it comes to true journalism.  

Quoting rocketracer:

Must have touched a little nerve....w/out other news sources other points of views wouldn't be discussed.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Have you been watching FOX news?  Have you actually seen what has been reported on the "news" portion of the shows?

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I read the website.  I don't have cable and don't really watch TV.  However when one of their morning shows, Fox and Friends, has been caught lying about news it makes me question the network as a whole.  Same with CNN and MSNBC.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Have you been watching FOX news?  Have you actually seen what has been reported on the "news" portion of the shows?

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Really?  And what did they allegedly lie about?

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

I read the website.  I don't have cable and don't really watch TV.  However when one of their morning shows, Fox and Friends, has been caught lying about news it makes me question the network as a whole.  Same with CNN and MSNBC.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN