Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

President Obama Invites All House Republicans~Nearly All Decilne

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 36 Replies

http://www.elections.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/09/1245702/-Obama-invites-all-House-Republicans-to-White-House-meeting-nearly-all-decline?showAll=yes#

Didnt Boehner say he wanted the conversation?Didnt Boehner say the president doesnt reach out to the republicans?

Why then the decline?Afterall the government has been shut daown for days.Why not go?

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slashteddy
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM
3 moms liked this
But, but... The Republicans are the ones who REALLY want to compromise! They say they are, so they are! They'll do ANYTHING! It's all Obummer's fault, somehow!
rocketracer
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Why go? Listen to him pontificate?  No, thanks.  Does he seem to have any real negotiating skills?  Has never proven that he has.  

Years ago when he finally agree to have a televised discussion about the ACA he clearly stated, "I won" with the undertone of this is my law so what's done is done.   

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Dailykos?  Hmm...of to see if they are running this story anywhere else.

denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting rocketracer:

Why go? Listen to him pontificate?  No, thanks.  Does he seem to have any real negotiating skills?  Has never proven that he has.  

Years ago when he finally agree to have a televised discussion about the ACA he clearly stated, "I won" with the undertone of this is my law so what's done is done.   

I am sorry but isn't this being the very meaning of hypocrisy.  Screaming and crying that he will not talk to you, then turning around and saying why should we talk?  That really makes no sense at all.

PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

OK found this news elsewhere.  After having found out that Boehner reneged on his deal with Reid and now this...GOP wake up people are already blaming you don't make the condemnation worse.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Let's see, he had Reid, Pelosi, Boehner and McConnell to a WH meeting last week. The purpose was to tell them (Boehner and McConnell) he would not negotiate. Why did he bother, he could have done that with a phone call.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrimmednPunked
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM

If the President was going to do this then why didn't the Republicans give him that chance and then call him on it?  Makes more sense and would help the GOP in their fight.  Declining like this only says one thing to the American people and that is they are not willing to work with him.

Quoting DSamuels:

Let's see, he had Reid, Pelosi, Boehner and McConnell to a WH meeting last week. The purpose was to tell them (Boehner and McConnell) he would not negotiate. Why did he bother, he could have done that with a phone call.

SherryBerry106
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually the story is that a whole bunch are going to a meeting with him at 4:30 est.

Many more than need to go.

IBM doesn't send everyone to a meeting at Corporate - they send what they need.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

If the President was going to do this then why didn't the Republicans give him that chance and then call him on it?  Makes more sense and would help the GOP in their fight.  Declining like this only says one thing to the American people and that is they are not willing to work with him.

Quoting DSamuels:

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:08 PM
18-25 reps are meeting with him shortly. There is no reason for 200 or so need to go.

There is a meeting scheduled today.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting DSamuels:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I was sitting here thinking about the same work analogy you just used!

I was thinking about how when we had company wide meetings (we call them 'Town Halls' or 'All Hands on Deck'), it's because some of the C-level executives were in town and just wanted to speak to everyone.  But when we had meetings where things needed to be discussed or planned or brainstormed, it was only the leads from each necessary department.  You can't really have a good discussion when there are hundreds of people.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Actually the story is that a whole bunch are going to a meeting with him at 4:30 est.

Many more than need to go.

IBM doesn't send everyone to a meeting at Corporate - they send what they need.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting DSamuels:

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN