Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Perhaps the Saddest Shutdown Photo You’ll Ever See

Posted by   + Show Post

Poor kid. Obama ruined his day.
Check it out:

A picture of a small child in a monkey costume is quickly becoming the unofficial symbol of the government shutdown.

The photo went viral after it got posted to Reddit and then was shared on Twitter by Time magazine’s Alex Fitzpatrick, who called it “the absolute saddest #shutdown photo you will ever see.”

In the photo, the young child holds onto the locked gates of Washington’s National Zoo, which is part of the federal Smithsonian Institution. Above his head is a sign that says, “The Zoo is temporarily closed.”

The zoo also attracted national attention at the beginning of the shutdown when the budget impasse prompted its popular “panda cam” to go dark.

BWTZu3dCQAImrnJ
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

You know at first glance that would seem to be your very first good idea.

However, you are overlooking the fact that by doing that they would simply receive the scorn of the media.

What they should do, is all get together and make OCCUPY The ZOO signs, trash the place, Shit on the sidewalks, rape each other and spread kiddie diseases around.

Then the media would herald these kids as the next generation of visionaries.

Quoting IhartU:

Why doesn't that kid go get a gang of his little friends all dressed in animal costumes, crash through the gates on their tricycles and defy the shut down?

What the hell are you babbling on about?

Just spell it out for me- what parallels are you TRYING to make here...

You can not be serious.

Even you can't be that out of it.

IhartU
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

However, you are overlooking the fact that by doing that they would simply receive the scorn of the media.

What they should do, is all get together and make OCCUPY The ZOO signs, trash the place, Shit on the sidewalks, rape each other and spread kiddie diseases around.

Quoting IhartU:

Why doesn't that kid go get a gang of his little friends all dressed in animal costumes, crash through the gates on their tricycles and defy the shut down?

You can not be serious.

Guess I am. Explain it to me.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

You can not be serious.

You honestly shouldn't be in this group - you should simply start an "I hate Religion" group, that is the only subject that you seem to have a clue about.

IhartU
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

You can not be serious.

You honestly shouldn't be in this group - you should simply start an "I hate Religion" group, that is the only subject that you seem to have a clue about.

Are you trying to deflect? lol. You are unable to explain yourself to me, so you attack and accuse me of being to stupid to understand the incomprehensible bullshit you post.

Try again, dearie...

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Can anybody come to her rescue - I can't stop laughing long enough.

OR - If no one else understands it  post that too, so I will know that I am wrong.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

You can not be serious.

Are you trying to deflect? lol. You are unable to explain yourself to me, so you attack and accuse me of being to stupid to understand the incomprehensible bullshit you post.

Try again, dearie...

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

No this child's PARENT ruined his dad.  He took the child to the zoo, knowing full well the zoo would be closed, just so he could take a picture for Reddit.  Idiot.

IhartU
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

OR - If no one else understands it  post that too, so I will know that I am wrong.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

You can not be serious.

Try again, dearie...

Still won't explain it, huh?

How hard is IT? If I'm too damn stupid to understand, then so be it- I'm stupid but why be such a fucking bitch about explaining it to me?

kcangel63
by Amanda on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband visited DC a few years ago for a rally. His experience there was enough to make him hate being a tourist there.

Too bad my kids aren't going to see DC as a homeschool field trip.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

As someone who once lived there, I hate DC tourists.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Why do YOU hate children in monkey cotumes?

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Meh.

There are worse things at stake.

JustCJ
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM

BWahahahahahaha exactly!

Why they could be....mini liberals! yay

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

JustCJ
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I think your ignorant insult was a slam at the veterans who gave you that very right...to insult them. So that was what Billie was responding to. You know it...I know it (my ADHD self) and everyone else reading this post knows it.

Classy.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting IhartU:

You can not be serious.

Try again, dearie...

Still won't explain it, huh?

How hard is IT? If I'm too damn stupid to understand, then so be it- I'm stupid but why be such a fucking bitch about explaining it to me?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN