Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Jay Carney Twice Ignored a Fox News Reporter—And This Is How It Ended

Posted by   + Show Post

Jay Carney Twice Ignored a Fox News Reporter—And This Is How It Ended

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney during a press briefing Friday afternoon repeatedly ignored Fox New’s Ed Henry, prompting the reporter to walk out of the meeting.

Carney called on nearly every reporter in the room before Henry even tried to ask a question. And when Henry did try, all he could get out was “Jay” before Carney turned his attention to The Chicago Tribune’s Christi Parsons.

Henry shook his head.

The Fox News reporter tried once more to ask a question. The White House press secretary once again ignored it.

Henry smiled politely, got up, and walked out of the briefing.

“While Fox News hasn’t always gotten a question at presidential press conferences, this was the first time in memory that a Fox News reporter wasn’t called on at a daily briefing,” Mediaite’s Tommy Christopher notes.

Do you think this was just an oversight on Carney’s part or do you think this is the beginning of a White House blackout on Fox News reporters?

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (11-19):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Can you imagine if Tony Snow or Dana Perino would have ignored or been rude to the 95% of reporters who didn't like George W. Bush? It would be all over the news.

And everyone LOVED Tony Snow especially because he was a wonderful human being, besides doing his job well. Watching Jay Carney makes me want to obsessively wash my hands. Ick. I don't think Jay Carney will be getting any going away gifts in January of 2017.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Both were/are a class act.  And having me have to watch that re-cap of Jay was torture. lol 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Can you imagine if Tony Snow or Dana Perino would have ignored or been rude to the 95% of reporters who didn't like George W. Bush? It would be all over the news.

And everyone LOVED Tony Snow especially because he was a wonderful human being, besides doing his job well. Watching Jay Carney makes me want to obsessively wash my hands. Ick. I don't think Jay Carney will be getting any going away gifts in January of 2017.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

And watching Tony Snow's videos is actually pleasant! What a stand-up guy.  :)

Yes, Jay Carney is like a combination of nails on the chalkboard, clipping one's nails in public, and tickle torture, all done by a thoroughly obnoxious person you want to punch.

I would rather be tortured by Sayid on "Lost" over Carney any day.

I thought the press secretary is supposed to be PR-savvy, and unusually nice..

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Both were/are a class act.  And having me have to watch that re-cap of Jay was torture. lol 

Quoting SallyMJ:

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Good point, Sally. I do recall Pres Reagan jokingly asking the Drs @ the hospital following his attempted assassination if they were all Republicans~   

Quoting SallyMJ:

Only when she is in a life and death situation.

She would also make sure the paramedics and doctors are all liberals, and that they had voted for Obama twice, before she would trust them.

Whereas most people would choose a surgeon based on their skills, she would ask them if they indeed read Democratic Underground and Politico every day.

She would tell them to make sure she bleeds blue, and not red. And it would be all over.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting squeekers:

I wouldn't trust FOX if my life depended on it. That's one 'trust fall" I won't hold my breathe for.

Do you use such horrible judgment in all of life's moments?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Exactly - Reagan joked, but he wanted the best doctors. But she seriously would demand it.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Good point, Sally. I do recall Pres Reagan jokingly asking the Drs @ the hospital following his attempted assasination if they were all Republicans~   

Quoting SallyMJ:

She would also make sure the paramedics and doctors are all liberals, and that they had voted for Obama twice, before she would trust them.

Whereas most people would choose a surgeon based on their skills, she would ask them if they indeed read Democratic Underground and Politico every day.

She would tell them to make sure she bleeds blue, and not red. And it would be all over.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting squeekers:

I wouldn't trust FOX if my life depended on it. That's one 'trust fall" I won't hold my breathe for.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I admired Reagan's humor even when his life was in danger but I agree she probably would demand it!

Quoting SallyMJ:

Exactly - Reagan joked, but he wanted the best doctors. But she seriously would demand it.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Good point, Sally. I do recall Pres Reagan jokingly asking the Drs @ the hospital following his attempted assassination if they were all Republicans~   

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting squeekers:

TEIMSfamily
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Looks like they changed or deleted the comment. It is no longer above this one. 

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Can you name some of these reporters you do not trust and say why you don't trust them? I am curious...

Quoting squeekers:

I wouldn't trust a FOX reporter if my life depended on it. That's one 'trust fall" I won't hold my breathe for.

TEIMSfamily
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I will have to say I did giggle when he said marketplace is doing wonderful. Umm everyone I know can never log on and fill out the app. 

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM
What comment? I am confused? I just wanted to know because I was curious - wasn't bashing her. There are reporters I don't like and would not trust what they say as truth.

Quoting TEIMSfamily:

Looks like they changed or deleted the comment. It is no longer above this one. 

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Can you name some of these reporters you do not trust and say why you don't trust them? I am curious...

Quoting squeekers:

I wouldn't trust a FOX reporter if my life depended on it. That's one 'trust fall" I won't hold my breathe for.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)