Heres an article but so far it has been blamed on a glitch, a fire, a power outage and an update.
EBT cards reportedly being declinedPosted: Oct 12, 2013 1:55 PM EST Updated: Oct 12, 2013 3:26 PM EST
- Many concerned viewers have called about their EBT cards being turned away from local grocery stores.More >>
- Priceville police are searching for the driver involved in a felony hit and run that happened early Saturday morning.More >>
- Two kittens were found alive inside the home of an Athens man who confessed to killing kittens.
- Decatur police reported that a man was sent to the hospital following an armed robbery.More >>
- Friday Night Fever Scores Week 7More >>
HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -
Many concerned viewers have called about their EBT cards being turned away from local grocery stores. We have received reports from locations including Arab, Decatur and Huntsville.
A business in the Guntersville area said that they "cannot receive SNAP benefits at this time. All attempts to reach any and all phone numbers is failing." The business reported that they cannot use either cards or vouchers.
The national and state websites for EBT are both currently down.
The causes of this situation have not been verified. We will keep you updated on this developing situation at WAFF 48 News.
Computer glitch shuts down state EBT system
How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong. Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these. GeorgeWashingtonCarver