Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

McCain reiterates on Fox: No, The Shutdown Is The GOP's Fault (VIDEO)

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:32 AM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this
Yf7i556qq8baoqy5qyie
AP Photo

"Let's have a little straight talk, Martha," McCain said. "[The administration] wouldn't have had the opportunity to handle it that way if we had not shut down the government on a fool's errand that we were not going to accomplish. The whole premise of shutting down the government was the repeal of Obamacare. I fought against Obamacare harder than any of the people who wanted to shut down the government."

McCain's appearance on Fox came shortly after Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), the leader of the movement to defund the health care law, spoke at the Values Voter Summit. MacCallum asked McCain how he felt about Cruz "representing" Republicans at a meeting scheduled for Friday at the White House.

"First of all, Martha, please, he's not representing us there," McCain said, adding that he thinks it's "unconscionable" that President Obama hasn't negotiated with Republicans.

The interview closed with McCain rattling off a number of proposals that are "achievable" for Republicans.

"Defunding Obamacare is not one of them," he said emphatically.

"Well, we'll see," MacCallum said, prompting sarcastic laughter from the senator.

"I guarantee it," McCain said. "Not only will you see, I guarantee it." 

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Nothing new here. This, too, has been chewed up and spit back out.  Can't you find something original (though biased as is usual) to post?

John McCain Blames Tea Party For Government Shutdown

posted by PrimmednPunked

JustCJ
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:28 AM
7 moms liked this
Lol my husband rolled on the remote and accidentally turned the tv to msnbc, you should have seen how excited those slow kids were to report this story lol I thought they were about to get naked!
OP...anyone with sense doesn't think McCain should even have an (R) next to his name. Ya'll libiots can have that dumb fucker lol.

Quoting grandmab125:

Nothing new here. This, too, has been chewed up and spit back out.  Can't you find something original (though biased as is usual) to post?

posted by PrimmednPunked

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM
3 moms liked this

I have tremendous respect for McCain as a military hero, but not much politically.

Roisin07
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I can't get over how two faced this man has become. He lost to Obama so he figures he needs to join him instead of fighting for what he used to believe in? He may as well just stick a (D) next to his name now.

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting JustCJ:
Quoting McCain:

The interview closed with McCain rattling off a number of proposals that are "achievable" for Republicans.

"Well, we'll see," MacCallum said, prompting sarcastic laughter from the senator.

anyone with sense doesn't think McCain should even have an (R) next to his name. Ya'll libiots can have that dumb fucker lol.

I guess we'll see.

If Obamacare gets defunded then he's an "dumb fucker".

If it doesn't, then surely that would make him a realist, who had a better grasp of what was achievable, and the current GOP strategy setters the "dumb fucker" ?

Of course, if he is a dumb fucker, what does that say about the GOP electorate for picking him as their candidate?  :-)

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

All congress needs to do is pay Americas bills.

denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting JustCJ:
Quoting McCain:

anyone with sense doesn't think McCain should even have an (R) next to his name. Ya'll libiots can have that dumb fucker lol.

I guess we'll see.

If Obamacare gets defunded then he's an "dumb fucker".

If it doesn't, then surely that would make him a realist, who had a better grasp of what was achievable, and the current GOP strategy setters the "dumb fucker" ?

Of course, if he is a dumb fucker, what does that say about the GOP electorate for picking him as their candidate?  :-)

your last statement is so true and probably says the most about the GOP, they loved him when they thought he was the savior along with his sidekick dumbassshit, but now that he is trying to make some sense of this mess he is an idiot:/  They are to funny to watch or listen too.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  McCain politically hasn't been very helpful to the Republican party.

Quoting Carpy:

I have tremendous respect for McCain as a military hero, but not much politically.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
That was 45 years ago. His idiot free pass has long ago expired.
Quoting Carpy:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM

You might need a new husband.

Quoting JustCJ:

Lol my husband rolled on the remote and accidentally turned the tv to msnbc, you should have seen how excited those slow kids were to report this story lol I thought they were about to get naked!
OP...anyone with sense doesn't think McCain should even have an (R) next to his name. Ya'll libiots can have that dumb fucker lol.

Quoting grandmab125:

posted by PrimmednPunked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)