Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Missing Girl Abigail Hernandez Searchers Uncover Gruesome Evidence

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • 14 Replies

Missing Girl Abigail Hernandez Searchers Uncover Gruesome Evidence

by Jeanne Sager

Abigail hernandezWe're closing in on a week since New Hampshire teenager Abigail Hernandez disappeared on her walk home from school, and cops may have a break in the case. It appears the missing girl used her cellphone ... AFTER she disappeared on Wednesday, October 9. And a search of the area near where the call was used has turned up chilling evidence.

Abigail was last seen 2:30 Wednesday afternoon when she left Kennett High School in Conway, New Hampshire to walk home. Police think she may have made it home, but they haven't been able to figure out where she went after that. Until now. 

A New Hampshire newspaper is reporting Abigail's cellphone was used four hours after she was last seen near Cranmore Mountain Resort, about two miles from her house. Now police dogs are searching near the resort, and have reportedly found human remains, including a skull and teeth.

So what does it all mean? Police are saying they think these are two different cases coming together. THANK GOODNESS. I don't want to think of a 15-year-old girl dead, of course, and the idea that less than a week after her disappearance her body would already have decomposed to skull and teeth is -- fortunately -- unbelievable.

As they say, no news is good news, so this is good for Abigail's family.

And yet, I can't help feeling worse for Abigail's family with this discovery. Not only did they probably have those moments of oh no, what if, but now police efforts are divided. As well they should be -- someone has to deal with these human remains because, of course, that person deserves justice as well.

But for a family desperate for their daughter's return, any deviation, any focus away from their little girl's disappearance, must be hard to handle.

We can only hope that the FBI agents who have poured in to Conway to assist local authorities can make the real difference in this case and bring Abigail home.

What do you make of the cellphone call after the girl's disappearance?

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Depending on who she called after disappearing she could be a runway. 

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep in mind, the authorities withhold information purposfully. If they know she used her phone and when, you can be damn sure they know WHO she called.

Too bad the Amber Alert system is shutdown.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I just hope they find her, preferably alive, but if not, I can't imagine how horrible they must feel not to know where she is.
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
This is a very sad case, about 40 miles north of my parents' home.
She did not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert.

I am not convinced it was her that made the call based on what I read. Obviously the skull and teeth were not her, but it makes me think immediately "serial killer" and there at Cranmore "dumping ground". But I hope this isn't the case. Conway is so beautiful it is sad to think sinister things are happening there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I know. It's so quaint a beautiful up there. It's about 2hr from me. 

Quoting Analeigh2012:

I am not convinced it was her that made the call based on what I read. Obviously the skull and teeth were not her, but it makes me think immediately "serial killer" and there at Cranmore "dumping ground". But I hope this isn't the case. Conway is so beautiful it is sad to think sinister things are happening there.

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Are you in NH? I am always homesick in Fall - Maine, NH or VT - I just miss them so much!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
According to WMUR.com (NH's TV station, channel 9 out of Manchester):

Tuesday evening, Associate Attorney General Jane Young said there was nothing new to report in the case. She said earlier reports that a call was made from Abigail's cellphone the evening she disappeared were not true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I am. check your pm. big smile mini

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Are you in NH? I am always homesick in Fall - Maine, NH or VT - I just miss them so much!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Thank you!!!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I am. check your pm. big smile mini

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfree
by Kat on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/missing/shutdown.asp

The Amber Alert System was not shut down, thankfully, but the website was unavailable for a few days. No wonder people thought it was, though.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Keep in mind, the authorities withhold information purposfully. If they know she used her phone and when, you can be damn sure they know WHO she called.

Too bad the Amber Alert system is shutdown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)